Who here has worked with TEKSystems?

Share you experiences you have with TEKSystems.

Page 1 of 1

4 Replies - 1418 Views - Last Post: 04 March 2009 - 08:41 AM

• if(coden4fun.NotTired){ ContinueToCode(); }
  • member icon

• View blog

Who here has worked with TEKSystems?

Posted 02 March 2009 - 07:00 AM

Hi, I'm just curious in knowing what experiences other developers in this community has with TEKSystems.
My first job was through TEKSystems, and for a while it was going good, but because of the 1.) Economy and 2.) Selling me for more than what i was actually worth I was denied the position right before the contract ended.

Now I have started teaching myself the skills I then lacked, and I have gained much experience since that contract ended, and above all else the contract, which I wasn't told was for a 5yr Sr. Developer I held as a "junior developer" as my first tech job. This position that I'm looking into now is a junior position in a language I work with in everyday, and have much professional work to showcase for them. I have learned a lot as in what I'm worth, and what I'm not worth, but overall was really disgusted with them for selling me far more then what I thought, and me being naive for the fact that I put myself in that situation, which almost tarnished my professional resume.

I have been recruited again, and though I have learned a lot, and it's more on my level of expertise, and I'm sure I will past all test they give me, and show some professional work I'm still hesitate to get back in this role again, because of the way it ended the first time around.

I was wondering if people could share there experiences they've had with TEKSystems, or if this head hunter name just sounds new to everyone.

Thanks,

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Who here has worked with TEKSystems?

• Admiral Fancy Pants
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Who here has worked with TEKSystems?

Posted 02 March 2009 - 07:24 AM

The name sounds really familiar, but all of those technology mixed style names sound the same after one does enough interviews.

** Topic moved to Corner Cubicle **
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• if(coden4fun.NotTired){ ContinueToCode(); }
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 02 March 2009 - 07:30 AM

Ha ha yea I know what you mean.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 03 March 2009 - 07:30 AM

I am a developer with TekSystems, contracted at Toyota. I think as firms go, our office is decent. They treat me well and have a good relationship with the client.

Kepp in mind that when youa re working with firms, it really depends on who you are working with. You can't judge an entire company from one persons actions.

I would suggest talking to the firm, voicing your concerns. The person that placed you in that position should take responsibility for the contract failure.

It's all about finding someone that you trust. Good luck with your new contract.

Adria Bynum
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 04 March 2009 - 08:41 AM

I worked for them about a year and a half ago. I work for them all of three day before the company I was contracted hired me on full time.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1