8 Replies - 1293 Views - Last Post: 24 March 2009 - 06:12 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

looking for professional developers

Posted 02 March 2009 - 03:29 PM

Hello,

I forgot to introduce myself and my previous post dissapearred. Sorry for that, I think it might be the reason someone removed that. Because I've already done what I was supposed to (hopefully), I post my message again. If its somehow wrong, please let me know what I did. I don't want to spam anyone.

My name is Konrad Wdowiak and I write my PhD Dissertation at Faculty of Management and Social Communication at the Jagiellonian University in Krakow, Poland. I'm looking for programmers working in different countries and different cultures, and I found this website. I would be very thankful if You could help with my research and fill in the online questionnaire.

The research is on organizational culture and its connection to a burnout syndrome. The questionnaire consists of 3 parts and short demographic section and should take about 15 minutes to fill in. Your information will be dealt with confidentiality and will serve exclusively for scientific purposes. Only high participation rate leads to significant results.

If any of You would have questions regarding my work or is interesting with the results, please do not hesitate to email me - konrad.wdowiak@uj.edu.pl.

I would be very thankful for Your help. Feel free to share this post among Your colleagues.

The address of the survey is: http://www.survey.k-...php?code=f88c6a

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: looking for professional developers

• using System.Linq;
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: looking for professional developers

Posted 02 March 2009 - 09:09 PM

Moved to Post A Job. :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 03 March 2009 - 06:06 AM

View PostCore, on 2 Mar, 2009 - 08:09 PM, said:

Moved to Post A Job. :)

I'm afraid that it was a misunderstanding since it is not a job offer. I received couple of emails with questions regarding such things as salary or a position. I would be thankful if You could move it back. I hope that would help me with my research and clear my intensions.

Best regards
Konrad Wdowiak
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 04 March 2009 - 05:20 AM

Hi,

Some of You already helped me, thanks a lot!

What do You think of a burnout syndrom among developers? There aren't many articles on this. It is said that burnout gets mostly such professions as nurses, doctors, teachers. What about programmers? Are there any differences or this is a job like the others?

I still need more answers so for those of You who would like to help me and fill the survey:

http://www.survey.k-...php?code=f88c6a

Regards
Konrad
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Can grep dead trees!
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 10 March 2009 - 07:33 AM

I gave up on the 3rd page... I always hate surveys because I have a hard time fitting the questions the to choices of answers. Here the issue is compounded by need for math and a bunch of typing. I don't really agree with any of the statements and can't actually make a value that equals 100 in good conscience.

I think that is what irritates me about surveys -- I always feel like I end up lying because I don't agree with the set of answers for the questions.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#6 modi123_1  Icon User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 10 March 2009 - 08:00 AM

You got burned out after the second page? Nice.

Is there any sort of prize or just a warm fuzzy feeling?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 10 March 2009 - 09:45 AM

I had issues with that page on the survey as well. I only finished it because it was that or go back to work, and I was less burned out on the survey than work.
Even though the math is simple it still adds extra work for the person taking the survey. Also I do not see how having values for the 4 alternatives always equal 100 helps. For example: on all the questions about "the company's leadership is... ", it was choose between 4 different positive value. If the general view of the employees at my company is that the leadership is clueless, you have no way of knowing the my response of 70 for innovative means they are clueless in innovative ways, and not that they are innovative as a business. I think you'd get a lot more meaningful results if those questions were independent of each other.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Can grep dead trees!
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 10 March 2009 - 12:44 PM

LOL that was the question that made me quit... I could not equate a answer that I felt was honest.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 24 March 2009 - 06:12 AM

View PostNickDMax, on 10 Mar, 2009 - 06:33 AM, said:

I gave up on the 3rd page...

lol i gave up on the 3rd page too, too much hassle & too time consuming trying to work out what values to put in
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1