4 Replies - 1362 Views - Last Post: 05 March 2009 - 11:51 AM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Moving a CF site from one laptop to another

Post icon  Posted 02 March 2009 - 05:40 PM

Hello, I am a fairly new programmer and am trying to build my portfolio a bit. When I was in school, my instructor had us build the Beelzebub Chilies web site. Some of you CF guys may be familiar with this tutorial. Anyhow when i graduated college I lost the use of my school laptop that the site was hosted on. That site was in IIS, Windows XP, and It was built in CF7 or CF8 not quite positive. .....AAAnnyways, I bought a new laptop and it has Vista, I host the site in CF's built in server and cannot get the site running again. The site is IDENTICAL to the site I built at school (file structure wise). I moved all of the folders onto my new CF wwwroot folder and my CS3 says that the URL connection is correct. The only thing I can think of is that the database from the old site was on an older version of Microsoft Office Access. None of the images, or stylesheets are getting pulled through. Is it something to do I with the #CGI.Server_Name# ? If so where is that located within the code? On my site, the database, or a built in stored procedure within the database? Any feedback would be helpful.

Thanks

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Moving a CF site from one laptop to another

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Moving a CF site from one laptop to another

Posted 05 March 2009 - 07:10 AM

View Postmelkor_78, on 2 Mar, 2009 - 05:40 PM, said:

I moved all of the folders onto my new CF wwwroot folder and my CS3 says that the URL connection is correct. The only thing I can think of is that the database from the old site was on an older version of Microsoft Office Access. None of the images, or stylesheets are getting pulled through.

So the page displays in the browser, just without images or correct styles?

Just to verify, you have correctly setup your datasource right? Also is your wwwroot in the default location or did you move it? If you moved it to your documents folder, that could be a problem because Vista's file structure is different in those areas.

What error messages, if any, are you getting?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 05 March 2009 - 10:08 AM

Did you install IIS 7 on the new laptop? Is CF running via IIS or stand alone?

Throw up a screenshot so we can take a closer look.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 05 March 2009 - 11:26 AM

I'm thinking that's what is wrong; The datasource isn't correct. The files in the wwwroot folder are fine. I think because I'm using a newer version of Access the database isn't getting pulled through, but I don't know why that would be affecting the styles?

View PostarmyCoder, on 5 Mar, 2009 - 06:10 AM, said:

View Postmelkor_78, on 2 Mar, 2009 - 05:40 PM, said:

I moved all of the folders onto my new CF wwwroot folder and my CS3 says that the URL connection is correct. The only thing I can think of is that the database from the old site was on an older version of Microsoft Office Access. None of the images, or stylesheets are getting pulled through.

So the page displays in the browser, just without images or correct styles?

Just to verify, you have correctly setup your datasource right? Also is your wwwroot in the default location or did you move it? If you moved it to your documents folder, that could be a problem because Vista's file structure is different in those areas.

What error messages, if any, are you getting?

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 05 March 2009 - 11:51 AM

View Postmelkor_78, on 5 Mar, 2009 - 11:26 AM, said:

I think because I'm using a newer version of Access the database isn't getting pulled through, but I don't know why that would be affecting the styles?

It wouldn't be. And if you moved the mdb file straight over without making any changes or saving it as a different file type it shouldn't matter which version of Access you're using.

Are you sure that your paths to your style sheets are correct on the .cfm pages?

Please paste some code!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1