5 Replies - 916 Views - Last Post: 04 March 2009 - 11:54 AM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Programming in visual c++

Post icon  Posted 03 March 2009 - 09:02 AM

hi masters...!!
I am a mechanical engineer and I want to create a program which help in calculations while designing. I have some ideas about it. I know borland c++ in an average level, but in visual c++ ???
There is a lot of templates -win32, windows console app, forms and more and more. Which template should I use to create a program ? I wrote the same code as in borland c++ in visual c++ but it shows a lot of error while compiling....

Any one please tell me the basics of visual c++ 9.0 express edition
thankyou :D

This post has been edited by ratheesh05124: 03 March 2009 - 09:04 AM

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Programming in visual c++

• D.I.C Addict
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Programming in visual c++

Posted 03 March 2009 - 02:12 PM

Depends on what you want to do. If you want a Windows GUI, you want win32. If you want to use the windows forms toolkit, choose windows forms (also comes with a snappy little gui builder). If you just want a plain old console "black box" application, then just select "Empty Project" or Console App. It might help if you post your code.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Saucy!
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 03 March 2009 - 02:21 PM

I'm also guessing if you used Borland you probably used old, antiquated header files declarations, like #include <iostream.h>, and Borland-specific ones like #include <conio.h>. You would need to get rid of the Borland-specific ones, and change the old ones to drop the .h (i.e., #include <iostream>), which is how we refer to standard C++ headers in modern times.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 04 March 2009 - 11:40 AM

View Postpolymath, on 3 Mar, 2009 - 01:12 PM, said:

Depends on what you want to do. If you want a Windows GUI, you want win32. If you want to use the windows forms toolkit, choose windows forms (also comes with a snappy little gui builder). If you just want a plain old console "black box" application, then just select "Empty Project" or Console App. It might help if you post your code.

Thank you for your kind. Please tell me more details. I want to include a drop down box for selection and some radio buttons and check buttons for sub selection and some explanations and diagrams as out put in addition to the value, if possible !!!
Which template should help me ?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 04 March 2009 - 11:50 AM

View PostJackOfAllTrades, on 3 Mar, 2009 - 01:21 PM, said:

I'm also guessing if you used Borland you probably used old, antiquated header files declarations, like #include <iostream.h>, and Borland-specific ones like #include <conio.h>. You would need to get rid of the Borland-specific ones, and change the old ones to drop the .h (i.e., #include <iostream>), which is how we refer to standard C++ headers in modern times.

Thank you !!
Now there is no errors in header files... but still in input and out put commands. I tried both cout and printf commands but no use. I think thse commands are also not compatible with visual c++ ??
Please help me with an example. Sorry for my poor knowledge !!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Saucy!
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 04 March 2009 - 11:54 AM

How about showing some of the actual code, along with the errors you are receiving?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1