Why does Rush Limbaugh put his foot in his mouth?

• (2 Pages)
  • +

27 Replies - 789 Views - Last Post: 04 March 2009 - 02:11 PM

• if(coden4fun.NotTired){ ContinueToCode(); }
  • member icon

• View blog

Why does Rush Limbaugh put his foot in his mouth?

Posted 04 March 2009 - 01:01 AM

Why does Limbaugh put his foot in his mouth? My friends and I have been talking about the past 2 days about how Rush wants Obama to fail.

Doesn't he realize if Obama fails then we're all in a depression?
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Why does Rush Limbaugh put his foot in his mouth?

• Professor Snuggly Pants
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Why does Rush Limbaugh put his foot in his mouth?

Posted 04 March 2009 - 01:03 AM

What about the time he made fun of Michael J. Fox for having Parkinson's, when (Rush) didn't even know what it was.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• member icon

• View blog

Posted 04 March 2009 - 01:23 AM

View Postno2pencil, on 4 Mar, 2009 - 12:03 AM, said:

What about the time he made fun of Michael J. Fox for having Parkinson's, when (Rush) didn't even know what it was.

Ha ha ha are you serious? WOW he's more pathetic than I thought.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Professor Snuggly Pants
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 04 March 2009 - 01:26 AM

Check Michael J Fox's wiki & search for "2006 political advertisement controversy".

I would be willing to put $5 on the table that you can find Rush Limbaugh's impression of Michael J Fox on YouTube.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• i am colt mccoy
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 04 March 2009 - 01:37 AM

the same reason the stimulus bill was voted on party lines. politics. stupid. fucking politics.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Dreaming Coder
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 04 March 2009 - 04:55 AM

Because, ahem, he gets paid to. :P

He is simply a cantankerous bastard who's somehow spun his Archie Bunker imitation into a paying gig. This isn't really political, there are tons of barely informed pundits for all points of view. The only real question is why some of them do so well and why people bother listening to them at all.

This post has been edited by baavgai: 04 March 2009 - 04:56 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• member icon

• View blog

Posted 04 March 2009 - 04:59 AM

View Postbaavgai, on 4 Mar, 2009 - 03:55 AM, said:

Because, ahem, he gets paid to. :P

He is simply a cantankerous bastard who's somehow spun his Archie Bunker imitation into a paying gig. This isn't really political, there are tons of barely informed pundits for all points of view. The only real question is why some of them do so well and why people bother listening to them at all.

Well said...
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Gentleman of Leisure
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 04 March 2009 - 07:22 AM

Ahh another Conservative bashing thread, I thought all of this was behind us but I see Liberals are never happy.

Obama will fail, he is spending us into the poor house. Considering not a single Republican is supporting his spending spree when he does fail it will be the downfall of the Democrats.

I hope your kids are prepared for a major tax hike.

**note about topic - I guarantee this stems into a Bush bashing thread before long.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Isn't a volcano just an angry hill?
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 04 March 2009 - 07:27 AM

Actually we're just making fun of Rush Limbaugh. It's kind of safe to say people in this thread have little faith in any politician.

This post has been edited by WolfCoder: 04 March 2009 - 07:27 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• member icon

• View blog

Posted 04 March 2009 - 07:31 AM

View PostWolfCoder, on 4 Mar, 2009 - 06:27 AM, said:

Actually we're just making fun of Rush Limbaugh. It's kind of safe to say people in this thread have little faith in any politician.

politics... I really despise the hole ideology of it. It's all about corruption, power, and money these days.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Gentleman of Leisure
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 04 March 2009 - 08:47 AM

That's great concerning "politics" Rush is a talk show personality who speaks to the masses. He is a nationally syndicated talk show host.

Have you ever listened to him? It is hard to disagree with someone that speaks truth and logic. Of course the drive by media can do nothing more than try and try to bring him down as he is one of the biggest threats to their credibility (which is very scarce at that).

Some of his awards and recognition:

A month after Bill Clinton's defeat of George H.W. Bush in 1992, Ronald Reagan sent Limbaugh a letter in which he thanked him "for all you're doing to promote Republican and conservative principles... [and] you have become the Number One voice for conservatism in our Country."[139]

Limbaugh was the 1992, 1995, 2000 and 2005 recipient of the Marconi Radio Award for Syndicated Radio Personality of the Year (given by the National Association of Broadcasters), joining the syndicated Bob & Tom Show as the only other four-time winners of a Marconi award. He was inducted into the Radio Hall of Fame in 1993.

In 2002, Talkers magazine ranked him as the greatest radio talk show host of all time.[140] Limbaugh is the highest-paid syndicated radio host.[141]

On March 29, 2007, Limbaugh was awarded the inaugural William F. Buckley, Jr. Award for Media Excellence, by the Media Research Center, a conservative media analysis group.[142]

On January 5, 2008, the conservative magazine Human Events announced Limbaugh as their 2007 Man of the Year.[143]

On December 1. 2008, TV Guide reported that Limbaugh has been selected as one of America’s top ten most fascinating people of 2008 for a Barbara Walters ABC special that aired on December 4, 2008.[144]

On February 28, 2009, following his self-described "first address to the Nation", lasting 90 minutes, carried live, on CNN and FOX NEWS, and recorded for CSPAN, he received CPAC's "Defender of the Constitution Award", signed by Benjamin Franklin, given to someone "who has stood up for the First Amendment...Rush Limbaugh is for America, exactly what Benjamin Franklin did for the Founding Fathers...the only way we will be successful is if we listen to Rush Limbaugh".

edit - for the record I hate politicians also.

This post has been edited by Nykc: 04 March 2009 - 08:48 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Dreaming Coder
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 04 March 2009 - 09:01 AM

View PostNykc, on 4 Mar, 2009 - 09:47 AM, said:

Have you ever listened to him? It is hard to disagree with someone that speaks truth and logic.

Actually, yes. I'm still allowed to disagree with the bigoted two-faced bastard; ain't America great. ;)

No real need to argue about it; you like him, that's fine. I don't.

Posted Image

"And we have laws against selling drugs, pushing drugs, using drugs, importing drugs. And the laws are good because we know what happens to people in societies and neighborhoods which become consumed by them. And so if people are violating the law by doing drugs, they ought to be accused and they ought to be convicted and they ought to be sent up."

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Head DIC Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 04 March 2009 - 09:20 AM

I'm going to regret even stepping foot in this topic, but would like to go on the record stating that I too hope Barack Obama fails.

I hope the COUNTRY succeeds and fights it's way back out of the mess politicians, greedy businesses, and irresponsible citizens have put us in over the past 10+ years.

But I hope Barack Obama fails. And by that, I mean his policies. It is my belief that his policies will make the country worse off than we are today. I hope his policy of socialized healthcare, (MUCH) bigger government, redistribution of wealth, taxing small businesses and entrepreneurs to death, muddling with the second amendment, increased government spending (going to make the Iraq war look like allowance money), and anything else that discourages free market capitalism and encourages big government... fails.

I do not support his policies. The US is my country, so I hope he does get it right and everything is rainbows and butterflys in a few years, but I don't think that's going to happen with his policies. And that is why I do not support him.

I'm pretty sure limbaugh was saying the same thing, if you read the full transcripts, he mentions he supports the country recovering, but does not support the policies Obama is trying to push.

I think that's fair. Nobody wants to see the country fail. But I think a lot of people would agree that Obama's policies aren't the way to fix the problem.

As a follow on, because I know the whole "I hope he fails" sounds pretty harsh. I do not want ANY of the policies I mentioned to succeed. At all. As a small business owner, and one who is on the verge of hiring employees, I want him to fail because if he doesn't, I will... as a business owner. So again, I do not want him to fail the country, or fail to help us out. I want his agenda and his policies to fail. And since he's the driving factor behind those. I want him to fail at making those a reality.

And, for the record... not a big fan of Rush's. I know it's why he's as popular and controversial as he is... but I find him arrogant and pompous. Not a fan of listening to him. I agree with a lot of what he says (certainly not all), but don't enjoy listening to him.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Wubba lubba dub dub!
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 04 March 2009 - 09:21 AM

View Postskyhawk133, on 4 Mar, 2009 - 09:15 AM, said:

I'm going to regret even stepping foot in this topic, but would like to go on the record stating that I too hope Barack Obama fails.

I hope the COUNTRY succeeds and fights it's way back out of the mess politicians, greedy businesses, and irresponsible citizens have put us in over the past 10+ years.

But I hope Barack Obama fails. And by that, I mean his policies. It is my belief that his policies will make the country worse off than we are today. I hope his policy of socialized healthcare, (MUCH) bigger government, redistribution of wealth, taxing small businesses and entrepreneurs to death, muddling with the second amendment, increased government spending (going to make the Iraq war look like allowance money), and anything else that discourages free market capitalism and encourages big government... fails.

I do not support his policies. The US is my country, so I hope he does get it right and everything is rainbows and butterflys in a few years, but I don't think that's going to happen with his policies. And that is why I do not support him.

I'm pretty sure limbaugh was saying the same thing, if you read the full transcripts, he mentions he supports the country recovering, but does not support the policies Obama is trying to push.

I think that's fair. Nobody wants to see the country fail. But I think a lot of people would agree that Obama's policies aren't the way to fix the problem.

As a follow on, because I know the whole "I hope he fails" sounds pretty harsh. I do not want ANY of the policies I mentioned to succeed. At all. As a small business owner, and one who is on the verge of hiring employees, I want him to fail because if he doesn't, I will... as a business owner. So again, I do not want him to fail the country, or fail to help us out. I want his agenda and his policies to fail. And since he's the driving factor behind those. I want him to fail.

:wub:

I feel the same way.

What I don't understand is where this stimulus money is coming from (aside from the obvious that the U.S. is borrowing it). Lax lending and spending got us (as a people) into the current mess, so to "fix" it we're going to spend even more? I don't know what economics class our president took, but you cannot spend money you don't have.

Capitalism works. That is incontestable [see the last 200 years of history]. When the government tries to control it, that's when the problems happen.

Socialized Medicine Does Not Work

Every American that chants for this has never been to a foreign country that uses this system. I guarantee you that if you spend one night in such a hospital you will never again even consider instituting it.

As for the redistribution of wealth, the tax system is the maximum of my tolerance for it. Taking from those who work and giving it to those who don't does NOT work--ever! All of you who think this is good stuff? Read and apply:

“You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation… You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.”

Dr. Adrian Rogers, 1931-2005

I don't like Rush Limbaugh, Bill O'Reily, and pretty much all media figures of all calibers

This post has been edited by KYA: 04 March 2009 - 09:28 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• May Your Swords Stay Sharp
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 04 March 2009 - 09:37 AM

Pretty soon they will say forget borrowing money and start printing money, and inflation will go through the roof,
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• (2 Pages)
  • +