The site has been re-developed from the ground up, starting with a blank slate almost 4 months ago and re-creating each element of the site from scratch. Those of you who have been around for a while will notice many changes, those that haven't, have a look anyway; here's what has changed:
- New Design - The new design was a collaborative effort between myself, illustrain, supersloth, markodageek, megamu loves you, and many others who provided valuable feedback. The idea of having a more organized site with a "code" feel to it was the driving factor.
- The Little Things - On the homepage, all posts, tutorials, resources, and news have the description in the alt text. Just hover over the link and voila... a little snap shot of what the link is about.
- Geek News - Provided by dotGeek.net aggregates over 160 different news feeds and sorts each article by keyword in to unique categories. On the homepage, using the drop down menu on the news feed you are able to select your favorite feed and have it default to that each time you come to the site.
- Site Customization - When you are logged in, you are now able to customize the order and layout of boxes on the homepage, and the sidebars on every other page (including the forums).
- Forum Customization - On the same customization page, you are able to select a 1, 2, or 3 column design for the forums. This allows for just the right layout on any resolution.
- Resources - The resources area has been re-done to be easier to use and more functional
- Forums - The new version of the forums provides users with more control and features. We spent over a week creating the forum skin and buttons.