DLookUp Question

Access Database

Page 1 of 1

3 Replies - 857 Views - Last Post: 05 March 2009 - 11:40 AM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

DLookUp Question

Posted 05 March 2009 - 07:28 AM

I am making an access database for a client. It for resources. What I need help with is the form that is populated when you search for a specific resource. I have a bunch of DLookUP expressions and they work, but what I need to do is have a DLookUp or VBA code that will either show a link to a file on their PC or use a button to open the file depending on the search they did. There is no code for me to post, but I will post whatever you need.

Thank you, Cari

Edited to add a bit of the code I am using and what happens when I run the search.

This is the code I am using in a text box on the resource form. Links is the name of the field in the articles table that holds the link. ID is the name of the field in the articles table that the specific link needed is, articlecombo is the name of a drop down box in the search form that holds the article id. After you choose the specific article you want based on your search parameters you click a button that opens the resource form. 
=DLookUp("[Links]","Articles","[ID] = " & "[Forms]![Search]![ArticleCombo]")

This is what I get instead of the actual link after the search is run and the resource is shown. #C:\Users\Mami\Documents\TestAttachment.docx#

This post has been edited by mysticmayhem: 05 March 2009 - 08:24 AM

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: DLookUp Question

• I must break you
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: DLookUp Question

Posted 05 March 2009 - 08:18 AM

I edited the topic title to something other then "Help". If you can think of something more descriptive please feel free and let me know and I would be happy to change it for you.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 05 March 2009 - 08:19 AM

Thank you, I couldn't think of anything other than help at that moment as my brain is fried trying to figure out why I keep getting the errors I do, lmao.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 05 March 2009 - 11:40 AM

One of my team mates figured it out. Somehow the database was reading it as a string input instead of a hyperlink. Thank you, Cari
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1