editing posts and tutorials

can it only be done a certain number of times?

Page 1 of 1

2 Replies - 503 Views - Last Post: 07 March 2009 - 07:34 AM

• GAME OVER. NERD WINS.
  • member icon

• View blog

editing posts and tutorials

Posted 06 March 2009 - 05:56 PM

I see that I can edit SOME of my posts in the forums, and I was able to edit my submitted C++ tutorial once, but now I can't edit the tutorial. I'd like to add new corrections and features to it, but its not letting me :( I know I edited it once, but can I do it again? I can understand why you might want to prevent edits, but I think most of the time they are helpful and add to the wealth of knowledge contained in this website. :D

Thanks!

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: editing posts and tutorials

#2 BetaWar  Icon User is online

• #include "soul.h"
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: editing posts and tutorials

Posted 06 March 2009 - 06:18 PM

If you want to add to your tutorial you can either add a reply to it, or ask a staff member to edit it for you.

We have a time cutoff for the op (original poster) to modify posts so they can't get the answer they are looking for an totally clear out a topic of everything that someone else may find useful. The only problem with this is that it also leads to people who have good intentions not being able to update their content.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• GAME OVER. NERD WINS.
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: editing posts and tutorials

Posted 07 March 2009 - 07:34 AM

Darn, that's a bummer. I can see why you did it though. Perhaps if we allowed contributors or authors the privelage of editing stuff (at least their tutorials and code snippets). People who understand not to delete stuff would be able to fix their code and make it as helpful as possible. Oh well...

Thanks BetaWar!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1