1 Replies - 1496 Views - Last Post: 12 March 2009 - 09:46 AM

• Google.Sucks.Init(true);
  • member icon

• View blog

Sirius XM Radio planning to stream to iPhone, iPod

Posted 12 March 2009 - 09:10 AM

I found this rather interesting (Article in it's entirity)

Financially struggling Sirius XM Radio Inc. is planning to stream its subscription radio service to the iPhone and iPod Touch devices from Apple Inc. beginning this spring.

After narrowly avoiding a filing for bankruptcy protection last month, the nation's only satellite radio provider wants to step up sales directly to consumers. New car purchases which had been Sirius' best source of customers are way down.

Sirius XM also said in a call Thursday to discuss its fourth-quarter earnings that it's ramping up efforts to reach buyers of used cars with factory-installed satellite radios.

"We're testing a number of initiatives to make Sirius content more ubiquitous," said Mel Karmazin, chief executive of New York-based Sirius.

Sirius now has 19 million subscribers, up 10 percent from a year earlier.

By streaming its music, sports and talk channels to users of the iPhone and iPod Touch, Sirius can give its existing subscribers another way to access content and let new customers sign up without buying new radios, Karmazin said. ...

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Sirius XM Radio planning to stream to iPhone, iPod

• Dirty Technophile
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Sirius XM Radio planning to stream to iPhone, iPod

Posted 12 March 2009 - 09:46 AM

They have had this on the BlackBerry for a while. The problem is even though I'm a SIRIUS subscriber, it costs more to get the mobile version going on my BlackBerry. Maybe it will be different for the iPhone version though...
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1