Page 1 of 1

3 Replies - 716 Views - Last Post: 13 March 2009 - 02:28 PM Rate Topic: -----

• D.I.C Addict
  • member icon

• View blog

Graphics

Posted 12 March 2009 - 05:05 PM

Hey everyone,
I'm not new to programming but I am new to game programming. I am planning on creating a tank wars game, something simple(hopefully) for me to start out with. I was wondering what kind of software everyone uses to create the graphics for their games? I'm looking for something free if possible but I don't want to sacrafice too much quality. So if I have to shovel out a little bit of money, then fine. So does anyone have any ideas on what I can use to create the graphics for my tank game?

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Graphics

• using System.Linq;
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Graphics

Posted 12 March 2009 - 05:18 PM

If by graphics you mean sprites, then you can start with something like Paint.NET (http://www.getpaint.net). That's a pretty good editor. For 3D models, there is Blender (http://www.blender.org).

Later, you can go further and buy something like Photoshop Elements (which has many of the very useful functions included in the full Photoshop). It will cost you something more than $150.

All the products listed here are actively used by me, so from my own experience I can say that this is pretty much the basic set for game graphics.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Addict
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 13 March 2009 - 07:48 AM

Ok I downloaded Paint.net and I like it. The hardest part for me I think will be creating all the sprites and backgrounds, I should be able to handle the code. Now Ijust need to get creating! Thanks for the ideas.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Banned

• View blog

Posted 13 March 2009 - 02:28 PM

Fib, If you're creating a game (first time), it doesn't have to be 100% realistic, 'sides, stick figures are cool... :P

If you need sprites there's a famous old set (I can't think of the name), something Alfred.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1