Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Project:N00b

Posted 24 August 2009 - 07:37 AM

Okay.. so I spent about five minutes Friday looking at that site and reading this thread - what the hell is going on with it? Is there some sort of plan of things already done, in the process of being done, and that need to be done?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 24 August 2009 - 08:16 AM

I have signed up and introduced myself. I will help out where I can never done graphics in C# but done other things.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• NeoTifa Codebreaker, the Scourge of Devtester
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 24 August 2009 - 10:54 AM

@Danny_Kay thanks. Any help is appreciated.

@Modi most of the stuff is taking place behind closed doors. You were only looking at half the forums. We didn't want innocent n00bs going there and getting spoilers. ;D
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• member icon

• View blog

Posted 28 August 2009 - 06:24 AM

Well, it looks like things are slowing down. Our composer seems to have taken off, and he was also helping with the front site. :( The name our group has come up with as a company name is already taken, so.... yea.... :( Any suggestions for that?

We also would like people to join our team. The idea I have is a game development and software stuffs, like game tools and such. I didn't want the current game we are working on to be the only project, and I'd wish to cast a wider net. Anybody who wants to join is more than welcome, and your name will be on everything you do, and when/if we make revenue off of it you will get some. Right now this is kinda at its beginning stages. ^___^

We're also thinking about expanding the forums to be an actual gaming related forums, not just a forums dedicated to a project, so that means I've got quite a bit of reconstruction to do. Feel free to join and talk about anything gaming there too. :D <<Magixions idea. Why didn't I think of that >__<
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• member icon

• View blog

Posted 13 September 2009 - 09:53 AM

I'm gonna start posting the newsletters. I wrote it in half ass HTML, so ...

<h2>September Newsletter 2009</h2>
<p>Hello everybody, and thanks for reading this. School started for pretty much everybody, and I know for a fact that everyone is busy. I just wish you guys could manage to wiggle some time in for this project. There has been like …. 10 posts for the month of September… total… that is BAD! :( You guys are making me muy triste. Well, with that being said, I just want to wish you guys the best of luck for this school year/quarter/semester and I hope you get lots of A’s (and no F’s).
<p> I have been contacted by another game dev group called The AEGD and they gave an offer of pairing up. I don’t think any of them has joined yet to my knowledge, but we are still trying to discuss things. Hope we all can work in harmony ^__^.
<p><b>Also, THE PROGRAMMERS ARE NEEDED!!!!! I would like to start brainstorming for mini-games and such, so start thinking of some! Even if you’re game didn’t make it, it will still be posted in the main site in your name when we are done with it! We want to display more than just Crimson Cadre on the site. If you also want to advertise and let us post your personal projects when we are done that would be super awesome!!!</b>
<br>
<br>
<h2>What’s New At Project: N00b?</h2>
I set the dropbox up, but no one has used it but me. :( Why is this? I know not. I do wish you guys would use it, it’s a totally amazing tool. Here is a copy of the last emergency newsletter I sent:
“I know this isn't the 12th, but this is important none the less. Magixion has set up a dropbox account. It is with his email, so you will need it.

https://www.getdropbox.com/

This is the website, and to get it you have to use:

e-mail: [email protected]
password:crimsoncadre

I am trusting all of you to put any and all files here that pertain to any projects going under Infin8. Please, when you get there, go to the Inbox_To_Be_Filed folder and upload your files there. There is also a naming convention I wish for you to use when putting them in there.

[project name]_[file name]_[date created].extention

ex.
CrimsonCadre_SebastianDraft1_12Jun09.jpg

I put a file in the home folder for reference in case you forget. Once they're uploaded, you can shoot me an email or pm saying you've filed stuff and I'll put it in the appropriate folder. Any pictures, scripts, code, w/e you want to put in there please do. Thanks and have a nice day.”

<p>It’s also time to recognize a few new members… we are having an increasing amount of people who are joining then not posting. I wonder what’s up? Hmmm….
<p>Welcome to:
<ul>
<li>Clout Dragongod, whom has not posted or returned to the forums….</li>
<li>xCraftyx, who hoped to be useful but hasn’t returned…. :( </li>
<li>virgul, who came from DIC I do believe, but hasn’t posted yet. At least s/he checks in every now and then…</li>
<li>danny_kay1710 needs to return to us… </li>
<li>Woltz just registered and left :( </li>
</ul>
<p>Please, if you see them, make them feel welcome. ^__^ Please stay and we will give you cookies!!!! @[email protected]
<br>
<br>
<h2>For The Future: </h2>
<p>Magixion has dreams of making this forums into a general gaming forums, so we can increase traffic. There will still be a giant section dedicated to our projects, but we wanted to whore ourselves out and get as much exposure as possible in hopes of getting some more people who will actually stay with us!
<p>I’m still working on a new theme, but first we need a new name or theme. Infin8 is taken by like 15 different companies, so we need to come up with something new, but we can’t do that if you’re not posting! ;___;
<br>
<br>
<h2>Comic: </h2>
I’m all out of inspiration….
<br>
<br>
<h2>Admin’s Personal Space… Because We Need It! </h2>
<p>Magixion: Too busy with school to tell me what to write here, so….
<p>NeoTifa: Got my power cord for my laptop. YAY! So now I can play L4D and TF2 again! <3 Ummm, let’s see… I started school, taking like 13 credit hours or something, working, playing video games, in the dumps on the lack of interest in this project, spraining my ankles like a dork, etc. Not too interesting…
<br>
<br>
<h2>About The Admins:</h2>
<b>Magixion:</b><br>
Title - Project Lead / Lead Programmer<br>
Age – 21<br>
Fav. Quote - "History will be kind to me for I intend to write it." -Sir Winston Churchill<br>
Fav. Game Character - Delita (FFT)<br>

<p>Magixion is currently attending school in Utah majoring in Computer Science where he looks forward to graduating in December of '09. He is participating in an internship at a company called DynoNobel which specializes in demolitions and performing excavation using explosives. His expertise in computer programming ranges from various languages such as C#, Java, and C++ all the way to ASP.NET. Like many aspiring programmers, he aims for the sky and is hoping to have Project: N00b help propel him towards his goal in becoming a software developer for a big time video game studio.
<br>
<br>
<b>NeoTifa:</b>
Title - Project Lead / Lead Instigator … lol <br>
Age – 19<br>
Fav. Quote - "It happens." –Forrest Gump<br>
Fav. Game Character – Sephiroth (FF7)<br>

<p>NeoTifa is currently attending school at Wright State University in Ohio majoring in Computer Engineering where she looks forward to graduating before the zombies take over. She is taking it kind of slow right now, just to get her GPA back on track (whew! Thank the heavens for Freshman Forgiveness :D). She works at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base in Dayton, Ohio as an engineering aide, basically an internship, for a branch that makes sure the structures on the planes don’t explode mid-air. Her knowledge in computer programming and web development languages include having dabbled in these languages: C++, Java, VB, BASIC, HTML/XHTML, and is trying to learn MySQL, XML, and C#. Like many aspiring programmers, she aims for the … clouds at least… and is hoping to have Project: N00b help propel her towards her goal in becoming a software developer for a big time video game studio. ((Is thinking about switching her major to Computer Science with business focus to make this happen…))
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Professor Snuggly Pants
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 17 September 2009 - 06:44 PM

View PostNeoTifa, on 21 Aug, 2009 - 07:58 AM, said:

Yes it is. 9/10 of our coders ran off

Was I considered a coder on this project?

What languages are being utilized in the project?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• member icon

• View blog

Posted 18 September 2009 - 09:43 AM

It's all on the forums! XD C# and XNA I guess, cuz that's what Ryley started coding in. I'm lost, so I'm just playing manager/boss atm. It was C++/SDL, but....
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Hater & Lover

• View blog

Posted 11 October 2009 - 10:53 AM

the project has died.... :(
Was This Post Helpful? -1
  • +
  • -

• member icon

• View blog

Posted 12 October 2009 - 11:58 AM

Pretty much. There might be about 1 post per week or two, but I think school raped us.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Hater & Lover

• View blog

Posted 12 October 2009 - 01:35 PM

we said no but we knew we wanted it
  • +
  • -

• member icon

• View blog

Posted 13 October 2009 - 09:52 AM

Oh, as to joining? Yeah, I figured as much. There was a burning desire to do much during the summer, then as I said, school started. Maybe winter break might bring some of them back. I'm not getting too bent out of shape over it though. If it happens it happens.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Hater & Lover

• View blog

Posted 13 October 2009 - 01:28 PM

i made a joke as in the "rape" part, we said no but we knew we wanted it, get it
  • +
  • -

• member icon

• View blog

Posted 13 October 2009 - 06:17 PM

OH! XD I get it...
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Planeswalker
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 13 October 2009 - 08:46 PM

Is there something specific you would like coded? Let me know and I will see if I can help you out with it if I can.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• (10 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »