Help with onlive voting system

Need help with Javascript/Ajax voting system for son's school webs

Page 1 of 1

2 Replies - 1215 Views - Last Post: 21 March 2009 - 07:19 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Help with onlive voting system

Posted 15 March 2009 - 05:22 AM

I am a graphic designer who has been stuck with creating a voting system for my son's school newspaper website. I am an absolute novice with programming so I was hoping to find help on the interwebs. I would be glad to trade graphic design for help with this project.

Here is what I have so far: http://www.boilerspo...oting/main.html

You will see that it is a 1-10 voting system where the user drags the choices into the order of his preference then hits submit. It is working on on a functional level, but I have no idea how to make it work on the backend. I need to somehow accomplish the following:

1. Either get rid of the numbers on the left or somehow stop them from all becoming "1" when dragged.

2. Upon hitting "submit" the votes should be added to a database. I can create a database but I have no idea how to get these numbers into it. :crazy:

3. The 10 choices will change each week for at least 13 weeks so the database needs to adapt to this.

Again, any help that you guys can provide would be greatly appreciated. As I said I would be glad to offer design services or logo design or character design in exchange for help.

Here is a zip file with all of the files used on the voting page: http://www.boilerspo...ting/voting.zip

Thanks in advance.

Attached File(s)

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Help with onlive voting system

• D.I.C Addict
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Help with onlive voting system

Posted 16 March 2009 - 06:10 AM

Well to remove the numbering from the list change the <ol></ol> tags to a <ul></ul> tags (Ordered list to Unordered List).

To submit the values to a database there are a few options. You can use get/post with PHP or equivalent. Or you could use something like AJAX. I kind of depends on what you have available on your server.

I'll get back to you with thoughts on #3 . . . .
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Help with onlive voting system

Posted 21 March 2009 - 07:19 AM

Thank you for the response. I couldn't really get as far as I had hoped with this so I paid someone to create it in Flash.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1