4 Replies - 4485 Views - Last Post: 24 February 2013 - 09:53 PM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

coding in moparscape

Posted 16 March 2009 - 01:45 PM

Hey, i've done some coding before on a moparscape server, however i cannot remember what i need to edit the coding ( as in which programs to open the code and make it editable. as i have the compiler) and make it more advanced, if anyone knows what i'm on about and could give me some advice, i would appreciate it very much.

The Files in which hold all of the server coding has a CLASS extension name, and that's mainly the problem.

Thanks

This post has been edited by cdwoods: 16 March 2009 - 02:47 PM

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: coding in moparscape

• Banned

• View blog

Re: coding in moparscape

Posted 16 March 2009 - 02:23 PM

Nope, no clue, sorry.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 18 March 2009 - 07:58 PM

I use a program called 'cavaj' for this purpose.

Cavaj
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 07 April 2009 - 12:23 PM

you dont need anything realy to code with a runescape private server, i will help you just tell me what source you have and ill try to get advise.

if you wish to edit somthing e.g the log in message from "welcome to moprascape" to "welcome to myscape", on most servers that will be in client.java or just client(theres to client files in the server folder just make sure your not in client.class)

search by clicking ctrl f and typing in "welcome to moprascape" and simply changing it to what you wish it to say.
or a quicker way(easyer if your changing the name of the games such as moprascape wich is all over the client file)
click ctrl h and type in the things you with to change and then what you wish to change it to.

hope tht helped.

MySparetime
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 24 February 2013 - 09:53 PM

@cdwoods

My diagnosis:

Hey man. Let me start off by recommending you forget about the class files for now. Those are programs for your computer to read and execute, what you're after are the Java files. Java files are written in the Java programming language, which are then compiled with your compiler. Compiling a document translates the programming language into bytecode and creates a .class file, which your computer can then interpret. Depending on what style of coded source you chose (ex: I used to use Hyperion and Project Insanity, these are probably dated by now, I haven't done it in years). If you don't know what an IDE (Integrated Development Environment) is or how to use notepad(windows), or textedit(mac), composing your own C++ or Java to "advance" the code that already emulates the Runescape servers may prove to be a more difficult challenge than you anticipated. However, even to the most illiterate (prog. lang. speaking) programmer, some code blocks are not too indecipherable. Not to be too disheartening, as the languages themselves are fun and moderately easy to learn, I recommend you educate yourself with the programming languages I mentioned, and download a good IDE like Netbeans, or eclipse. Textedit and a compiler works fine in my opinion, is what I used to use when I dabbled with Moparscape servers.

My recommendation:

The easiest code to modify in the PS (private servers), in my opinion, are the character values. These are strings of words, usually something visual like a spammed phrase an NPC jabbers, or any other words you may see in the visual experience of the server, usually surrounded by "". If you're on a really old source where the majority of the java files and corresponding class files are in the same main home folder, try skimming through the main.java file. Lots of good stuff in there, could you guess it's the main functional java file of your server? A good command to know when studying code is the "find" command, ctrl+F (windows) and command+F (mac). Not a bad jumping off point if you look at a page of code and feel like a deer in the headlights.
Always remember to get your ganja goggles on and a blunt a burnin to prevent you from going insane when you've been trying to correct the same problem for hours, and keep a google tab open in your browser.
Happy coding champ
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1