1 Replies - 945 Views - Last Post: 17 March 2009 - 12:31 PM

• His name was Robert Paulson.
  • member icon

• View blog

Is Microsoft Sharepoint a suitable option for me and my group?

Posted 16 March 2009 - 06:04 PM

Hello guys.

I'm curious about this software called Sharepoint and if any of you have used it maybe you can help me out.

Five other guys and I program some things for our study group called Celula Microsoft.

Is the program suitable for us to use?

I'm under the impression that the program is sort of like a DropBox only for programming. Is this a correct assumption?

Thanks for the info. :D :^:

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Is Microsoft Sharepoint a suitable option for me and my group?

• Can grep dead trees!
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Is Microsoft Sharepoint a suitable option for me and my group?

Posted 17 March 2009 - 12:31 PM

Sharepoint is a collaborative document system. Its is meant to allow different users to work on documents towards a collaborative end. It also allows some basic document repository features and content management features (but it is not a content management, or document management system).

One thing it definitely is NOT is a source control system. If you are collaboratively working on a programming project then you want to work with a source control system (hopefully something that integrates into your IDE). You might want to check out Subversion (SVN) -- it is pretty easy to setup and use. If you are on the windows environment you can get a program called TortoiseSVN that will give you a pretty easy interface.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1