2 Replies - 1600 Views - Last Post: 17 March 2009 - 06:57 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Radio Tuner

Post icon  Posted 16 March 2009 - 08:23 PM

Mostly all of tutorials in making Flash in media controls are MP3 player or video player. Anyone who can give us a guide in how to develop a typical radio tuner (preferebly with dial tuner) that whenever a user change the station or location(tracks), there will be some noise added before the next track play. I'm actually developing this for my e-media project.

Also the succeeding track will play not in the beginning of the track but it will play in any portion of the track randomly. I don't have any idea how the script will work if you assigned it in the movie clip you will make. All I know is a typical play, stop, rewind, forward, full screen actions.

Any ideas?

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Radio Tuner

• D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Radio Tuner

Posted 17 March 2009 - 02:04 PM

What kind of audio file format are we talking about when you say 'radio'??? You can only load MP3 file into the Flash dynamically...
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Radio Tuner

Posted 17 March 2009 - 06:57 PM

View PostCyanBlue, on 17 Mar, 2009 - 01:04 PM, said:

What kind of audio file format are we talking about when you say 'radio'??? You can only load MP3 file into the Flash dynamically...

A typical .mp3 file. If you are familiar on the game GTA(Grand Theft Auto), either Vice City or San Andreas, its like when you get to drive a car, there will be a radio station on the vehicle will automatically play. When you're playing the game, you can actually store mp3 tracks on the user data in PC version and use your tracks to play within the game. And when the track plays, it will not play on the beginning of a particular track, but will play in any portion of the song. Plus, before the song will play, ther will be some noise or static, sort of you're actually switching and dialing an old radio.

But Im not into playing that, what I want is a typical radio or tuner interface (I already have that) where as songs or mp3 tracks will be call using the standard mp3 player development using Flash. I know how to work on actionscript with mp3 players either via Library or Dynamically but I want to know the approach if this is possible in Flash or else I might using the wrong program.

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1