4 Replies - 2014 Views - Last Post: 31 March 2009 - 09:38 AM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

asp.net page working differently in different browsers

Post icon  Posted 17 March 2009 - 05:11 AM

I have been trying to develop a website in asp.net the pages are working fine in IE but when I run those pages in mozilla or any other browser the components get distorted. like the textbox goes up label moves from its correct place. how can I fix this problem
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: asp.net page working differently in different browsers

• Not Your Ordinary Programmer
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: asp.net page working differently in different browsers

Posted 17 March 2009 - 06:45 AM

the problem isn't the other browsers....it's IE. I have a similar issue. My website works and looks great in FireFox, Chrome, Safari, and Opera. Yet it looks like utter crap in IE.

If you are using CSS, then make sure you are using it correctly. IE is a lot more forgiving with CSS than most other browsers are.

I have learned to not display my website in IE when designing it. I would rather have my site look correct in 4 browsers and look like crap in 1 browser than to have my site look like crap in 4 browsers and correct in one.

also, you can use developer tools for Firefox to view the HTML that is produced. This is most likely the culprit, since Microsoft is not known for being standards compliant. IE knows how to display this non-standard HTML. The other browsers do not.

also, what version of .Net are you using?

and one last update....here is a link that might help...
http://www.velocityr...g-problems.html
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 22 March 2009 - 08:03 AM

Get Firebug for Firefox.
It has made life so much easier for me and millions of others..well..maybe thousands. It helps to work on one element at a time when debugging this stuff. Remove all extraneous css from the misbehaving element and add it back in beginning with positioning. If it goes awry then look at the container element. I've noticed that firefox renders differently as well but being on an intranet that uses IE I haven't put time into making it work for FF. But finding the css that is incompatible and then asking for crossbrowser solutions will aid you in your quest.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 31 March 2009 - 07:05 AM

thanks for your reply ,but i havnt find found the solution yet I am using master pages and I dont know css
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 31 March 2009 - 09:38 AM

View Postabhishek25, on 31 Mar, 2009 - 06:05 AM, said:

thanks for your reply ,but i havnt find found the solution yet I am using master pages and I dont know css

FYI this is a very common issue/problem and often times developers will create separate style sheets depending on the browser.

Since my organization does web development we have a variety of web browsers that we use for testing to insure consistency across all platforms.

Kurt
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1