Pong Game in SDL finished!

First pong game in c++

Page 1 of 1

2 Replies - 1874 Views - Last Post: 21 March 2009 - 06:31 AM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Pong Game in SDL finished!

Posted 20 March 2009 - 07:20 PM

Attached File  FirstGamePong.zip (611.83K)
Number of downloads: 470Alas, I have completed the pong game I have been working on. If you remember my old thread, I used it to learn to fix the problems I had upon making the game. I have finished it now and am quite satisfied with the final product. After all, this is my first game in C++. For any people that are interested the old forum topic can be found HERE.

I have attached the .zip file with the code, the images, the .dll files and the executable if anyone is interested in giving the game a run-through. To learn how to play, read the readme file. As I said, this is my first game and by no means do I consider myself anything but an amateur. However, feel free to use the code as a learning tool for SDL. If you have any questions about the code for this game I will gladly answer them to my ability.

I learned to use SDL from Lazy Foo's Tutorials. Keep in mind that in order to compile the source code you need to have the SDL libraries set up. There are instructions to do this on Lazy Foo's website. Otherwise, if you extract the files to another folder, you should be able to play by running the PongGame.exe file.

Much thanks to Hyper for all of the help, without which I would probably still be swearing at my computer.

This game will sometimes end randomly on its own after playing for a while... I'm not sure how to fix. If anyone can help with this it would be very very much appreciated. Otherwise, I am content with my first C++ game.

Let me know of any questions. Also, I would very much appreciate any comments/suggestions/etc. about the game. Thanks.

Attached File  FirstGamePong.zip (611.83K)
Number of downloads: 470

This post has been edited by blackzer0: 20 March 2009 - 10:21 PM

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Pong Game in SDL finished!

• GabehabeSwamp
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Pong Game in SDL finished!

Posted 21 March 2009 - 03:11 AM

Duplicate topics ftl. :(

http://www.dreaminco...wtopic94290.htm

This post has been edited by gabehabe: 21 March 2009 - 03:12 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Saucy!
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Pong Game in SDL finished!

Posted 21 March 2009 - 06:31 AM

Closed; we'll leave the one in Game Programming, linked to by gabehabe above.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1