a browser based game like sassilization if any of you have played it

Page 1 of 1

8 Replies - 2125 Views - Last Post: 07 April 2009 - 01:39 PM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Help with building browser based game

Post icon  Posted 26 March 2009 - 12:41 PM

Hi,
there is a game mode on garrysmod called Sassilization it is very popular and i wish to make a browser based version for people to be able to play wether they have a gaming pc or a simple pc i no i am not sure what language to base it on as i dont no the best one to program with.

here is a link for those of you that dont no about it it shows alot about how it works
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=NUHy43acmDg

i will need to be able to make it so you can play it first person real-time strategy game like as if it was a real life situation like as if it were in the game so it will most probably have to be run on java jave enterprise edition (j2ee)

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Help with building browser based game

• D.I.C Addict

• View blog

Re: Help with building browser based game

Posted 26 March 2009 - 04:16 PM

Do you know any programming languages?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 27 March 2009 - 02:02 PM

not 100% but i can html php mysql and minor and i mean minor flash

but i can learn others if need be and revise some said as i havent done web development in a while
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 28 March 2009 - 10:45 AM

Would probably be looking into learning Java for a project like that. Understand, that its a HUGE undertaking. Even programmers with years of experience can find making a 3-D game as a difficult task.

Would probably be best to start small and learn the basics.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Google.Sucks.Init(true);
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 28 March 2009 - 11:27 AM

Moved to Game Programming :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Addict
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 28 March 2009 - 02:57 PM

For a project like that you would be looking at Java, maybe a bit of browser based C++ at a stretch so i would say start learning your java, maybe even look at Java bridge so you can hook it into PHP seemlessly
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 30 March 2009 - 12:39 PM

yeh but i dont get what c and c++ are to me its like WTF with them never herd of them apart from seing them here i did think about java and javascript but wasnt sure but then most 3d games are java based

but the game isnt really that hard to understand its good and has hundreds of thousands of players with about 60 000 daily traffic but thats on a gmod server so i dunno what it would be on the internet probably higher

but so you recon mostly java and php for the webpages i can do that but i dunno how to do much in java ive only done javascript and only minor like hit counters and clocks and little windups that come with 1000 popups and stuff lol

any idears to what would aid me in programming the java
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#8 modi123_1  Icon User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 30 March 2009 - 01:24 PM

View PostLolage, on 30 Mar, 2009 - 01:39 PM, said:

yeh but i dont get what c and c++ are to me its like WTF with them never herd of them apart from seing them here i did think about java and javascript but wasnt sure but then most 3d games are java based

but the game isnt really that hard to understand its good and has hundreds of thousands of players with about 60 000 daily traffic but thats on a gmod server so i dunno what it would be on the internet probably higher

but so you recon mostly java and php for the webpages i can do that but i dunno how to do much in java ive only done javascript and only minor like hit counters and clocks and little windups that come with 1000 popups and stuff lol

any idears to what would aid me in programming the java

First off.. dude, use some punctuation. I shouldn't have to read your blob of text and try to ascertain where one thought ends and one begins. A bit of basic courtesy to your reads would be wonderful.

Second, to learn java you will either need to go through a bunch of tutorials and I would advocate getting the Dietel and Dietel book on Java. It's great. They are on the 7th Ed right now, but if you find the third or fourth for cheaper go there.

A good tutorial is found from the horse's mouth: Sun.
http://java.sun.com/...books/tutorial/
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 07 April 2009 - 01:39 PM

I dont belive that you would be able to base that on a browser, it depends on how big it is to download how many files you need to play it, and if you need cache.
Thats the problem with most 3D games their so big its next to impossable to base onto a webpage, it might be possable but i dont think it can be done. runescape is the only 3D game that i've heared of thats is browser based and thats because their harldy any files needed to play compaird to e.g world of warcraft, conquer, combat arms ect

(if someone else has posted some tht resembelse this post im sorry i didnt realy look through it, just answerd the question)
p.s my spelling sucks i know XD

MySparetime
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1