2 Replies - 3608 Views - Last Post: 20 April 2009 - 09:38 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

.NET compact framework listbox in VB?

Post icon  Posted 26 March 2009 - 01:06 PM

I have created many enterprise desktop applications, and am trying to get up to speed on mobile development - have several ideas that I want to make into applications for my WinMo smartphone.

Anyway, here's what I need help with. I am trying to utilize the .NET Compact Framework Listbox control, and whenever I try adding something into the list it tells me that whatever I am adding is not an "item" type, which is true, usually I am trying to add a text string. The code that I typically use is

listbox1.add (myString)

I don't get any syntax errors, or anything with wrong number of arguments, so I must be doing something wrong, and I haven't been able to find anything on MSDN or a general search of the internet. If someone is able to help me out with this, would it be possible to point me to a reliable website that will help with some of the other basics with mobile development for the Compact Framework?

Thanks

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: .NET compact framework listbox in VB?

• D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: .NET compact framework listbox in VB?

Posted 15 April 2009 - 03:30 PM

I don't know if you still need help with this after so long, but when using a listbox in VB, you need to use listbox1.items.add(obj), or listbox.items.insert(index,object), and this should add the string to your listbox.

This post has been edited by Mezius: 15 April 2009 - 03:34 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: .NET compact framework listbox in VB?

Posted 20 April 2009 - 09:38 PM

after you installed windows mobile sdk usually u get a sample code from the sdk it's self...
you can learn from there
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1