multiple startup forms

2 startup forms shown when application starts

Page 1 of 1

3 Replies - 3236 Views - Last Post: 27 March 2009 - 01:30 PM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

multiple startup forms

Post icon  Posted 27 March 2009 - 11:45 AM

I'm using Visual Studio 2008 in vb.net. When I run my application both forms display even though I have a startup form selected in my application. If I select the first form I created the correct window is displayed, but when I select the other form to be my startup both are displayed. :crazy:
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: multiple startup forms

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

Re: multiple startup forms

Posted 27 March 2009 - 12:26 PM

View PostGreenPatty, on 27 Mar, 2009 - 05:45 PM, said:

I'm using Visual Studio 2008 in vb.net. When I run my application both forms display even though I have a startup form selected in my application. If I select the first form I created the correct window is displayed, but when I select the other form to be my startup both are displayed. :crazy:

I don't know exactly why this is happening, but if you retrace your steps and double check each step you've taken thus far: as follows;
start a winforms app, open 'Properties'(you can do this by right-clicking the file name under the solution name in solution explorer & scrolling to the bottom of the list) and check that you have form1 as your start-up form & 'Shut down Mode' being when last form closes.

Hope this helps you out. All the best!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 27 March 2009 - 01:19 PM

View Postsam.adams61, on 27 Mar, 2009 - 11:26 AM, said:

I don't know exactly why this is happening, but if you retrace your steps and double check each step you've taken thus far: as follows;
start a winforms app, open 'Properties'(you can do this by right-clicking the file name under the solution name in solution explorer & scrolling to the bottom of the list) and check that you have form1 as your start-up form & 'Shut down Mode' being when last form closes.

Thanks... I didn't see anything wrong. This is my 2nd VB program so it doesn't take much to confuse me (plus I am blonde, which doesn't help either). I'm moving onto other things and hopefully something will stand out later!

Have a nice weekend!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 27 March 2009 - 01:30 PM

View PostGreenPatty, on 27 Mar, 2009 - 12:19 PM, said:

View Postsam.adams61, on 27 Mar, 2009 - 11:26 AM, said:

Thanks... I didn't see anything wrong. This is my 2nd VB program so it doesn't take much to confuse me (plus I am blonde, which doesn't help either). I'm moving onto other things and hopefully something will stand out later!

Have a nice weekend!

Hey Green,

Just a quick observation under the code do you have anything under the Form.Load event, because if you do the load of the first form could be causing the other form to open...just two cents for my thoughts :P

Lex
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1