Problem with games when playing on internet

I have problem with internet while playing games

Page 1 of 1

5 Replies - 857 Views - Last Post: 04 June 2009 - 06:18 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Problem with games when playing on internet

Posted 29 March 2009 - 07:43 AM

Hi, OK so i have a problem that is really annoying. When i play games online on pc like (warcraft 3, counter strike 1.6) i always get bad lagg and delay every game that passed 5 minutes. Its really weird because when I'm playing and game been 5 min it lags me and i always get kicked out.I have a comcast its high speed and it started to lagging week ago it never did until then.
I have a router linksys wireless-g 2.4 but i already go on 192.168.1.1 and i enable those games so any idea how to fix it?

>_<

This post has been edited by dotaftw1: 29 March 2009 - 07:45 AM

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Problem with games when playing on internet

• D.I.C Regular
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Problem with games when playing on internet

Posted 29 March 2009 - 09:11 AM

Hey their dotaftw1,

Well lag can come from a couple sources not just your connection. The servers you are playing on in some cases can cause problems, as in CS 1.6 servers with high number player slots 32/32. These hosting companies crame as many servers on 1 box that sometime it just slows everything down. That said their can be other problems within side your computer or network. What OS are you running, and specs on ur system? Also are you playing over wireless? Such as your computer is wireless networked?

For your mention regarding your router, that normally does not play a huge role in lag. What you did was open up ports for the games in the firewall. In general either a application will not work with that port close or will, CS is one that will in most caes.

Some possible issues:
1. You are having spikes (Cable normally has this as your bandwith is being shared with others around you. Your connection could be pulling from a pipe that is supporting 20 other individuals around your house, thus is goes up and down a little). This normally does not effect it but can sometimes.
2. If you are wireless that has its own issues.

Some troubleshooting steps:
Ping something to see if your connection spikes at all
1. In Windows click start, the run, and enter in CMD
2. type the fallowing
 ping IP ADDRESS - t 
were IP address is enter in the IP address of a sever you are having the connection issuies with. This address from a CS 1.6 server will be xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx without the tailing :xxxx port.
3. See if their are any spikes in time, you will notice some time changes in ml if their is a spike
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 29 March 2009 - 10:58 AM

View Postlockdown, on 29 Mar, 2009 - 08:11 AM, said:

Hey their dotaftw1,

Well lag can come from a couple sources not just your connection. The servers you are playing on in some cases can cause problems, as in CS 1.6 servers with high number player slots 32/32. These hosting companies crame as many servers on 1 box that sometime it just slows everything down. That said their can be other problems within side your computer or network. What OS are you running, and specs on ur system? Also are you playing over wireless? Such as your computer is wireless networked?

For your mention regarding your router, that normally does not play a huge role in lag. What you did was open up ports for the games in the firewall. In general either a application will not work with that port close or will, CS is one that will in most caes.

Some possible issues:
1. You are having spikes (Cable normally has this as your bandwith is being shared with others around you. Your connection could be pulling from a pipe that is supporting 20 other individuals around your house, thus is goes up and down a little). This normally does not effect it but can sometimes.
2. If you are wireless that has its own issues.

Some troubleshooting steps:
Ping something to see if your connection spikes at all
1. In Windows click start, the run, and enter in CMD
2. type the fallowing
 ping IP ADDRESS - t 
were IP address is enter in the IP address of a sever you are having the connection issuies with. This address from a CS 1.6 server will be xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx without the tailing :xxxx port.
3. See if their are any spikes in time, you will notice some time changes in ml if their is a spike

I have a box that came with the internet, and also linksys box too but my connection is cable. i just use linksys so my laptop can catch internet. Also even if nobody uses my linksys box there is still lag. 1st i though that neightbors are using my so i block it with a pin code but that didn't help.
Well if hosts of game would lag it would probably kick everyone not just me so i don't think that a problem.

However you told me to do " ping IP ADDRESS - t " so i did but there is a error and it tells me "Ping request could not find host IP. Please check the name and try again"

I think ill change company because comcast is bad, and I'm not going to pay 60 bucks just for net if i cant even play games =\
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 29 March 2009 - 09:10 PM

Yes, comcast might be the biggest problem right there.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 31 March 2009 - 01:23 PM

View Postfuzzylunkinz, on 29 Mar, 2009 - 08:10 PM, said:

Yes, comcast might be the biggest problem right there.

Maybe, but i found something interesting. OK i google some problems people had from pass with comcast. One person called them and asked them why does he have such a slow internet. He (the guy from comcast) said thats true and they will fix it. I was like wait a minute is that whats a problem they cut ure speed connection...?

Second I'm not sure that is comcast problem because my friend have same boxes and company and it works for him 0_o.

So i guess i have the problem that nobody ever had because I'm super unluky. :angry: :angry: :angry:
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 04 June 2009 - 06:18 PM

make sure your computer is up to being able to play the game, then if problems persist make sure you internet isnt being used by anyone else and see if that fixes it, also download 100 torrents while playing wouldnt help either
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1