1 Replies - 1108 Views - Last Post: 30 March 2009 - 04:16 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Wow, what innovation

Posted 30 March 2009 - 04:45 AM

Last year Nokia Calling All Innovators (www.callingallinnovators.com) contest threw up something which totally took my breath away and forced me to do some reality check. While I am happy making some games for mobile some guys are doing what may be termed as revolutionary.

Sample this, the Nano Ganesh application which was the Grand Prize winner in the Emerging Markets category in the global Calling All Innovators, 2008, allows farmers in India to establish remote contact with distant, modem-equipped electric irrigation pumps, to check on power supply and pump operation without the need to travel long distances.

Awesome isnít it? It just changed and expanded my thought process. What about you guys? Letís discuss some other cool and innovative applications on this platform.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Wow, what innovation

• Coding is a lifestyle
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Wow, what innovation

Posted 30 March 2009 - 04:16 PM

I agree that's a pretty cool app! That nokia contest is coming out with some pretty cool apps every year. I wouldn't just narrow this down to nokia though. Every year there are tons of ridiculously innovative applications coming out for every platform, not just nokia's. With the power of mobile devices getting larger each year, the market for real world applications is becoming more and more predominant for mobile devices. Definitely something to look at getting into.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1