4 Replies - 2770 Views - Last Post: 31 March 2009 - 04:39 PM Rate Topic: -----

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

ERROR with WPF Designer in VS2008. Cant debug

Posted 31 March 2009 - 11:06 AM

Hi, I've started a project in Expression Blend and has been working the codes in Visual Studio 2008. It was alright, no problem. I've worked heaps of projects like that before without any problems. However, out of nowhere, my WPF designer in VS2008 now gives me the following error:
Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at MS.Internal.Package.VSIsolationProviderService.CreateIsolationProvider(String identity, AssemblyReferenceProvider assemblyReferences, IEnumerable`1 assemblyFolders)
   at MS.Internal.Providers.VSDesignerContext.GetIsolationProvider(IServiceProvider provider, IVsHierarchy hierarchy, AssemblyReferenceProvider assemblyReferences)
   at MS.Internal.Providers.VSDesignerContext.Initialize(IServiceProvider provider, IVsHierarchy hierarchy, UInt32 itemid, Object docDataObj)
   at MS.Internal.Providers.VSDesignerContext..ctor(IServiceProvider provider, IVsWindowFrame frame, Object docDataObj)
   at MS.Internal.Providers.VSDesignerContext.GetContext(IServiceProvider services, IVsWindowFrame frame, Boolean createIfNotExist)
   at MS.Internal.Designer.DesignerPane.InitializeDesigner()

It displays the above instead of displaying the WPF designer. Also, I cannot Debug>Start Debugging the application anymore. I can still run/test/build it in Expression studio though...

The funny thing is that if I restart a project in Expression blend, copy all the xaml codes, and copy all the vb .net codes from the original application, it works for some time, and then afterwards start giving me the same error at wpf designer in VS2008.

I've googled the first line of the error. I've had HEAPS of hits. But I have not been able to find any proper solution. Each of the persons getting this prob seemed to have different issues.

Can any1 please help?

Cheers,
Ameel

P.S: I've been working on a client/server application. Now BOTH my client and my server are giving me the same message

This post has been edited by Ameel: 31 March 2009 - 11:17 AM

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: ERROR with WPF Designer in VS2008. Cant debug

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: ERROR with WPF Designer in VS2008. Cant debug

Posted 31 March 2009 - 02:26 PM

Ok. Note my VS 2008 is VS 2008 Pro SP1. It was standalone all-inclusive. I did NOT instally SP1 separately.

Anyways, I used "VS2008-PatchRemovalTool-x86" and then applied "VS90sp1-KB945140-ENU" and then "VS90SP1-KB958017-x86". WPF designer is loading without ANY problem in VS2008 now. However, I still cannot start debug in VS2008 as I used to be :/ Can anyone please help?

Cheers
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• MrCupOfT
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 31 March 2009 - 02:31 PM

Does this help?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 31 March 2009 - 04:22 PM

View PostAdamSpeight2008, on 31 Mar, 2009 - 01:31 PM, said:

Hi AdamSpeight2008. Thx for the reply xD

I've been to that webpage when I googled. Tried everything they said already :/ The errors HAVE been fixed. I do not get any errors and I can SEE and USE the WPF Designer in VS 2008 now (after doing what I said above). HOWEVER, I CANNOT Start Debug :/

help plz
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 31 March 2009 - 04:39 PM

Don't worry. I worked around it. Before, when WPF designer would give me errors, I would copy/paste all xaml and vb .net codes into a new app. I was then able to view wpf designer and start debugging, until it showed me errors again....

Well, I basically did the same thing now that the WPF designer has been fixed. I just started 2 new projects and just copied all the xaml and vb .net codes. Hopefully there won't be any problem now...
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1