Looking for your 2 cents.

Page 1 of 1

2 Replies - 609 Views - Last Post: 10 April 2009 - 12:08 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Developing a restaurant website.

Post icon  Posted 07 April 2009 - 09:21 PM

HI EVERYBODY!

I am in the process of developing an advertising website for a school project. Just for myself, not a another person. I am currently looking for an easy to use template or plugin that will enable me to enter data about the companies, categorize them, and the site be able to return certain companies based on their keywords.

I have only been able to find joomla so far. But I am not sure if it has the capabilities i'm looking for. I am pretty much just asking if anybody has had good experience with anything out there already. Before I dive into this project and end up killing myself I figured it would be good to ask some pro's, and do some research. Thanks everybody.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Developing a restaurant website.

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Developing a restaurant website.

Posted 09 April 2009 - 08:53 AM

I have been doing some research, I have stumbled upon drupal. It can do anything! This being said it is way to robust for what I am trying to do here, any other suggestions?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Developing a restaurant website.

Posted 10 April 2009 - 12:08 PM

At the Joomla website in the about section there is something called the Jump box where you can test out Joomla. You should try it out and see for yourself it it is something you mightl like. Also, I just searched on Amazon and althought there seems to be a good selection on Drupal books, Joomla not only appears to have more, but they also have a Joomla for Dummies that will lead you through the install and configuration. I myself am a huge dummies fan.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1