Cannot set-up authentication on web site

Web Site Administration Tool - Security Error

Page 1 of 1

1 Replies - 2493 Views - Last Post: 08 April 2009 - 09:25 PM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Cannot set-up authentication on web site

Posted 07 April 2009 - 09:34 PM

I'm not sure what I've configured wrong. I created a website in VS2008Pro, added a couple of pages and an MDF file and accepted the default dir ( App_Data ). I then went to the WSAT to add security to the site and I get this error, see below.

<------------------ERROR------------------>

There is a problem with your selected data store. This can be caused by an invalid server name or credentials, or by insufficient permission. It can also be caused by the role manager feature not being enabled. Click the button below to be redirected to a page where you can choose a new data store.

The following message may help in diagnosing the problem: The database filename can not contain the following 3 characters: [ (open square brace), ] (close square brace) and ' (single quote)

<------------------/ERROR------------------>

I've been at it for two days now trying a host of solutions from the web. I think I am missing something simple. I hope someone here has the answer.

Regards,

-jason

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Cannot set-up authentication on web site

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Cannot set-up authentication on web site

Posted 08 April 2009 - 09:25 PM

Jason, have you tried enabling the role manager feature. If you don't know how, I Googled "how to enable the role manager feature in ASP.Net". Found this from MSDN how to enable the role manager feature in ASP.Net.

I would love to find a good book on ASP.Net only. My VB book from school just has one chapter dedicated to it. I want to create a web site that is data-driven and will migrate the data entered on the .asp website to SQL Server 2005. I also have concerns about security. I have never done this before so I need to practice and test it alot before I can implement it at work. I will need to use these to programs for the hosting server which is Windows-based.

I finally figured out what D.I.C. Head is for. Pretty funny!

This post has been edited by CodeWomanSRQ: 08 April 2009 - 09:34 PM

Was This Post Helpful? -1
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1