7 Replies - 2061 Views - Last Post: 13 April 2009 - 11:16 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

c++ is better then c#

Post icon  Posted 13 April 2009 - 06:09 AM

hi..
i am prabhakar chaturvedi. please tell me C# is better language then c++/not. because in c++ main function is outside of the class & in C# main function is inside the class.

thanks & regards

prabhakar

prabhu_chaubey2006@rediffmail.com
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: c++ is better then c#

• His name was Robert Paulson.
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: c++ is better then c#

Posted 13 April 2009 - 06:17 AM

There's is no best language and one language is not better than the other. C# is better for some projects and C++ is better for other projects.

From experience, I think C# is better for Desktop Applications that use buttons, datagrids, pictureboxes, etc.

On the other hand C++ is better (I think) for programs using DirectX or graphics in general.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 13 April 2009 - 06:29 AM

I personally like C++ more and that's just because I believe it is more advanced than C#. C++ provides a lot of freedom, especially in finite memory management. But once again it really depends on what the program is to be used for. C# is a powerful language and can be used in a lot of ways. So were are you getting with this? Perhaps you were going to program an application and you were having a hard time deciding between C# and C++?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#4 baavgai  Icon User is online

• Dreaming Coder
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 13 April 2009 - 07:30 AM

As always, it depends on the job. If you want to develop in windows, create winforms or ASP.NET based applications, then I'd prefer C#. If you wanted to write game, with a lot of low level transformations, C++ is probably best. If you want to write on an OS other than windows, C++ is obviously a better choice. If you wanted to use managed C++ in windows, you're probably better off just using C#.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• using Caffeine;
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 13 April 2009 - 07:49 AM

There are many, many, many reasons why you should use C# and C++. First, if you want to write a program that will run on a platform that does not use the .NET framework you can't use C#. C# was designed for the .NET framework. I think I have heard of attempts to use C# outside of the .NET framework.

If you need raw horse power, C++ is always the better choice. C++ is closer to the OS.

So, why use C#? Like everyone else said, C# takes a lot of the complexities out of writing web/window forms. It was designed for that. Compare a C++ and C# program for a simple window application. If you want to leverage the .NET framework C#(or VB.NET) is the better choice. C++ may seem more cryptic to beginners.

Those are my thoughts.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Google.Sucks.Init(true);
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 13 April 2009 - 07:53 PM

Moved to Corner Cubical since it's really a C# specific question :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 13 April 2009 - 08:32 PM

I don't care for either language. If given a choice, I will use Clojure or on some occasions Scala for anything I need to write. I'm a functional programmer. :D

However, to answer your question, it doesn't matter where the main function is. Some languages don't even have a main function. C++ isn't all about object orientation, classes are optional as you would note of you used C.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Untitled
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 13 April 2009 - 11:16 PM

However, to answer your question, it doesn't matter where the main function is. Some languages don't even have a main function. C++ isn't all about object orientation, classes are optional as you would note of you used C.

the best answer of this Question
thanks Raynes
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1