3 Replies - 2529 Views - Last Post: 14 April 2009 - 10:05 AM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

readind and updating a VB.Net database application using Microsoft Acc

Post icon  Posted 14 April 2009 - 04:41 AM

I have been working on an Order management System using VB.Net and Microsoft Access as the database, But i am having problems updating the database through my Visual basic Application (I can only view my Microsoft access database but i can not update it through my visual basic application). Pls can anyone tell me what i am doing wrong?
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 1
  • +

Replies To: readind and updating a VB.Net database application using Microsoft Acc

• Ill-informed Mongoloid
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: readind and updating a VB.Net database application using Microsoft Acc

Posted 14 April 2009 - 06:43 AM

Hi O-cube,

First of all, welcome to Dream In Code. We have a policy by which you must show some kind of effort in solving your problem before you post. Could we please see whatever code you have, as well as more details on what the problem you are having is? Do you get any error messages?

Also, you may want to tke a look in the VB.NET tutorials section. There is some information in there about using VB.NET with Access databases.

If you post any code, could you please paste your code between [ code ] and [ /code ] tags (without the spaces in the [ ])?

Thanks,
Bort
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 14 April 2009 - 07:14 AM

I'm going to assume that you have Visual Basic 2005 express? I've run into this problem aswell. As near as i can see you cannot edit anything that was created in access unless you are in access. You can however create table adapters in VB2005 express against the database.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 14 April 2009 - 10:05 AM

View Postrgfirefly24, on 14 Apr, 2009 - 06:14 AM, said:

I'm going to assume that you have Visual Basic 2005 express? I've run into this problem aswell. As near as i can see you cannot edit anything that was created in access unless you are in access. You can however create table adapters in VB2005 express against the database.

You can edit data from access in VB, I am in the middle of creating a program that does so as part of its function. However, as the policy goes, I cannot help until he posts code etc to show some effort.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1