• +
  • Last »

100 Replies - 37670 Views - Last Post: 26 September 2014 - 09:24 AM

• Admiral Fancy Pants
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: PHP Programmer Roll Call

Posted 23 April 2009 - 07:05 PM

Though I have no design skills, I've wrote a handful of projects in PHP, including my latest Twitter Bot. I enjoy working w/ mysql, PayPal API/IPN, & email form validations.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 24 April 2009 - 01:08 PM

A lot of my PHP goes into modifying an open source shopping cart to meet the needs of our clients. I also handle dynamic pages and of course contact forms for our simpler websites. I have done some custom database work using MySQL. I had one project that used a Perl script that I had to heavily customize. I had never used Perl before, but I hacked my way through it. I am currently writing a resource scheduler as a personal learning project. It will use MySQL to store the data. I have a very unattractive, neglected website linked in my signature.

I love doing what people say can't be done. (Usually involves embedding some script into a website.) Sometimes my code is kind of ugly, but I "get-R-dun".

I have done some amazingly complex cURL scraping full of string-replacements to make one site show up inside another. (Our customer purchased a hosted version of an application from another vendor, and we needed more control) I was even able to send multiple file uploads through cURL from my client's site to the target site. That was pretty cool! I eventually added some caching to reduce the load between our server and theirs.

I have one website ready to release where I set up an authorize.net api. I have run it in test mode and everything went well. I look forward to my customer getting off their tush and giving me the details to see if it works in live mode.

This post has been edited by TecBrat: 24 April 2009 - 01:10 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 25 April 2009 - 08:24 AM

Hi, I am PaulMc91.

I have been programming in PHP for around 8 months and learned in leaps and bounds.
I started firstly by reading tutorials on the net, with great success.

So I then decided to create me own Free Browser-Based, Text RPG. I have been creating it for around 4 months in my spare time. During the process of creating the RPG I have learned MySQL and Javascript to aid me.

With the inclusion of the other 2 languages aswell as PHP, I have learned alot in a short amount of time.

So I have, well I would say that I have very good knowledge of PHP, MySQL and Javascript to an extent.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Addict
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 26 April 2009 - 04:52 PM

I love how I was missed ^_~

i'm working on random projects of PHP and Flex...
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Black Hatter

• View blog

Posted 27 April 2009 - 10:36 AM

I just started using PHP this semester, but i know i will certainly be using alot in the future.

This post has been edited by Zerobu: 27 April 2009 - 10:37 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 29 April 2009 - 10:31 AM

hey all, cant say im a full php developer yet though i started learning it 1 year ago and used it
to develope a marketing information system for my uni project. ive been out of it for long but am currently working my way back to it. i use LAMP. looking forward to it
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• lost in compilation
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 29 April 2009 - 11:24 AM

I use PHP primarily for designing/maintaining websites on a contract basis. (with or without a db, most comfortable with MySQL (mysqli))

I have also written several small apps/class objects for personal use.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 01 May 2009 - 05:05 AM

I'm a Helpdesk Tech for Pharmerica. I run my own site from home using the XAMPP install. I also have one setup in my office. Where I run an internal site to help other Helpdesk Techs.

Recently, I modified my security program at work to look like the LCARS system. Where PHP pulls data from the MySQL list of valid users, etc.

I've been playing with PHP for a few years. I am by know means a "guru". I practically live on the PHP.net site, where I continue to learn how to use PHP, and remind myself of all the commands.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

Posted 02 May 2009 - 05:30 AM

Just started using PHP about 5 months ago and so far I love it. One of the reasons that I like this site so much is that I can come here and see how people in the real world solve some of their site's problems and not just how it's done in a book. Knowing a few diffferent ways to do things has helped me to develop my own style.

Also, if anyone knows of pretty good and recent PHP podcasts, let me know. I do like WebDevRadio, but not much PHP to it.

This post has been edited by TechWar: 02 May 2009 - 05:38 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 02 May 2009 - 02:06 PM

Hey, my name is Matthias

I've been using PHP for about 3 years now. I first needed it to implement a phishing scam for my friends on myspace. I would take them to my web page, which was a copy of myspace's login page, and they would put in their username and password, and it was stored on the server.

I have since used PHP for more sophisticated purposes. I made an dynamic web site based on XML - mattravenstahl.com.

I also do web design and one of my projects was fro a tanning salon - suntanshop.com
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Untitled
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 02 May 2009 - 11:03 PM

i started php at 2008 i have done many Governments Projects and also iam working in a office as a Software Engineer.
and now a day's i am working in Bank Website Fully CMS with MySQL

This post has been edited by noorahmad: 09 May 2009 - 09:47 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 03 May 2009 - 06:48 PM

have been using php for a bit, i know the language but still becoming more confident in using it
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 04 May 2009 - 10:58 AM

I've been programming HTML since 1995, ASP/SQL part-time from 2002 to 2005, and I've been employed full-time programming PHP/MySQL since 2005.

I'm a big fan of include() files for keeping everything uniform. There are slightly over 700 php files now on the live website I've developed, and only having to change one file at a time is very comforting.

I enjoy Dreamweaver CS4 for coding, and DreamCoder for all MySQL database management.

I look forward to sharing solutions here are DreamInCode that apply to PHP/MySQL!

-Bryce
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• require_once("brain.php"); //Fatal error :/
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 10 May 2009 - 07:02 AM

Greetings!
I've been programming with PHP for about 2 years now, I just joined these forums today :o

Currently working on a project for a game called "Tibia," the site is called Tibia Lottery...

Anyway, sometimes I need help and maybe I can help people, I don't know. I guess I'll see what happens :o

Yours,
Shane~
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• R.I.P. ( Really Intelligent Person, right? )
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 10 May 2009 - 10:19 AM

I've been working with PHP in a little more than two years now and I've probably spent most of this time working with images and gd library along with blobbing and forms. Just started working with Object Oriented PHP a couple of months ago and can't wait until PHP6 is released, it's gonna be awesome! :)

I've Also worked a lot with AJAX and Javascript, since you can't live without it!

At the moment I'm creating another website for my mum (haha :P) along with some other projects I'm doing for myself! :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• (7 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »