• +
  • Last »

102 Replies - 70955 Views - Last Post: 13 July 2017 - 02:19 PM

• D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: PHP Programmer Roll Call

Posted 12 May 2009 - 03:57 AM

I've been learning about 2 months now, I have learnt the basics and now am talking with ghqwerty and currently learning the wonderful world of OOP, Finding it a bit confusing at first but slowly getting used to it now.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 22 May 2009 - 11:15 AM

I am new to PHP (about 2 years) but, not new to programming. I am working on a web-application development framework using custom tags, like ColdFusion, but without exposing the designer to programming. I want to create something with a layered approach and a common tag library which exposes reusable, modular functionality through custom markup. Through varying levels of expertise, designers can move into the guts of the framework to create new tagsets. My goal is not to present X/HTML but, XML to the browser and let an XSL stylesheet render the XML into XHTML. I feel this method is superior because I see the trend in browsers today moving towards more XML-awareness.

Basically, my expertise is with the XSL and XML libraries of PHP.

-mephtu
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 23 May 2009 - 06:55 PM

I have 2-3yrs experience with coding X/HTML, CSS, MySQL and Javascript and have been learning to use PHP for about 6 months now. As I am entirely self-taught, I am sure that there is much I'm not aware of as regards to web developement. I'm currently working on a number of smallish sites (blog templates, CMSs), all of them using SQL and PHP, though I am very much a beginner in this field.

I would that I could contribute to the site, but currently I just lurk and learn, so a big thank you goes out to all who share their expertise here.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 29 May 2009 - 07:44 AM

I'm also a PHP developer, freelance, currently working on a project which manages VoIP connecting calls to our mobiles and landlines.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 29 May 2009 - 02:04 PM

Hey guys I've been coding PHP and building websites for about 10 years now. I own a small web development company called Alien Creations. You can view my "currently being built" new portfolio site here: http://www.aliencreations.com/v8

Nice meeting you guys!

--S--
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#36 CTphpnwb  Icon User is online

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 30 May 2009 - 02:06 PM

I'm not sure what to say here. I'm not working as a programmer, but I've been programming on and off since I took my first class (Fortran for Engineers) in 1980. Unfortunately, I don't have recent paid experience, so it's next to impossible to get past the HR people.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• 僕は馬鹿ですね?
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 31 May 2009 - 04:06 PM

wright now im working on maintaining and creating open source project web sites
i am still leching myself and have bin working with php for a year or tow
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 06 June 2009 - 04:56 PM

I am currently working on Web FTP client and MySQL & PostgreSQL interface which can connect into any FTP server and MySQL/PostgreSQL Server.

I have been doing PHP for few years dont remember exactly when i started doing it, because first i needed just small scripts and then i started to get more into it. I use PHP pretty much with web development.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• holy shitin shishkebobs
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 11 June 2009 - 05:14 PM

I'm not on the list :( But I AM a PHP developer.

I am a Senior Developer with my company as well as freelancing on the side. I build scratch, custom blogs, CMS's, e-commerce systems and administration panels.

And sometimes, people pay me to make pretty pictures :wub:
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• straight vegetarian kid

• View blog

Posted 22 June 2009 - 12:30 PM

i understand the basics of PHP, i'm just trying to learn MySQL and how to use it with PHP. so far i just made a simple table, but i usually don't program in PHP, since i mostly work with JAVA and C++
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 23 June 2009 - 11:11 AM

I've been programming with PHP for about 7 years. Use it lightly at work, and more recently on side projects.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 04 July 2009 - 08:19 PM

I am a freelance programmer who doesn't focus on one project.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 11 July 2009 - 01:59 AM

PHP coder here ;)

Im making a blogging system for a friend, making a freelance review system, admin panels, making a browser based game and also a company website, which uses sign up systems, acps, shopping carts, blog systems, product listing etc etc etc.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 14 July 2009 - 09:31 AM

Crimson Wings here.

I am currently making my first official project (with host, domain name, people, and everything, instead of doing what I used to do before... Lame free hosts with lame free domain names). A friend of mine purchased the domain name and hosting, and I am making a website for amateur programmers, a cooperation website where everyone can contribute with any talents, to make free games. Its a huge project really, I dunno why started with a big thing anyways x_X.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 15 July 2009 - 08:47 AM

Bonjour, mon amis ;).

As an intern for the company that I work for, I've been tasked with the task of nothing less than the entire web-site... As well as the internal intraweb. Currently this entails re-templating and old PHP Fusebox site and constructing an administrative interface for the website, and converting the very outdated Coldfusion internal website to a more functional (and sleeker looking :P) PHP equivalent.

I do freelance web and web-app design on the side for a handful of clients, and have a few project sites of my own that I hope will begin turning some sort of revenue upon their completion.

I love game design and dabbled with Garage Games' Torque for a while, during which I constructed a PHP matchserver; but sadly I'm finding I don't have the time right now to really get into any more GD :(. Someday, though... ;)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• (7 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »