• (7 Pages)
  • +
  • « First

100 Replies - 37639 Views - Last Post: 26 September 2014 - 09:24 AM

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

Re: PHP Programmer Roll Call

Posted 16 February 2011 - 10:00 AM

Im James, I have been programming for 8 years, I am self taught through trial and error and alot of reading.

I live in Chandler Arizona, have been invited to teach PHP here in town and am looking for a better job lol :batman:

I know multiple languages but PHP is my preferred, hope to help out around here :bananaman:
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• The Ninjaducky
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 20 February 2011 - 08:05 PM

VolcomMky, I hope to see you helping around PHP. Welcome to the PHP Programmers list. :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 21 February 2011 - 04:57 AM

Sounds more or less like my whole learning process volcommky.

Glad you decided to come to the forums, welcome.

This post has been edited by KingScar: 21 February 2011 - 04:58 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 05 April 2011 - 03:15 PM

I'm not a professional at PHP, but it is definitely my language of choice, especially for its ease of access and speed at server-side programming. I have helped normalize databases for the best compatibility with PHP, and have also created multiple OOP PHP5&6 classes for other websites to optimize its reusability. Thanks. :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Lurker
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 05 April 2011 - 06:17 PM

Hmm, thought I already posted here but didn't see it O_o.

I'm still pretty new to the IT industry, I've been working for slightly over a year and doing PHP for that long. My experience thus far consists mostly of working on a social working type site at my job.I started there as a student doing a work term and they kept me on after graduation.

The project does not use a framework and is pretty much written in native PHP. I have used PHPCake a tiny bit at work on another project but would like to use a proper framework more often, just for the experience.

I use MySQL daily, the project has over 100 tables and is still growing, most of them were designed and implemented by me.

I do a fair amount of Javascript via jQuery as well. I am terrible at making things pretty :P

This post has been edited by Jstall: 05 April 2011 - 07:15 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 15 September 2012 - 11:56 AM

Hello, I'm Dylan.

Current Projects:
FanboyWar - Debate website. I'll have more information on this when we launch. http://fanboywar.com should be up within a week or so.
Optivus ATS - I'm the project leader for developing an automated testing system for a proton therapy machine. Can't disclose any details, but we're using PHP and have extremely strict security requirements on the web application.

I specialize in security, but I've got experience in every step of web application development.
Unit testing and me don't get along very well. I usually have people that are working under me unit test my code, and its sort of a running competition for who can find a bug in my code.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 14 May 2014 - 06:53 AM

I am also a PHP Freelancer. I have more than 6 years of experience in development of optimized websites. What can I do to be listed in the topic?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 14 May 2014 - 04:36 PM

Hi. For starters, can you explain what you mean by "optimized" websites?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 15 May 2014 - 01:05 AM

View PostAtli, on 14 May 2014 - 04:36 PM, said:

Hi. For starters, can you explain what you mean by "optimized" websites?

Website optimization is a phrase that describes the procedures used to optimize or to design from scratch a website to rank well in search engines. Website optimization includes processes such as adding relevant keyword and phrases on the website, editing meta tags, image tags, and optimizing other components of your website to ensure that it is accessible to a search engine and improve the overall chances that the website will be indexed by search engines.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 15 May 2014 - 09:25 AM

So you are talking about search-engine optimized websites. OK, just be aware that "optimization" is not solely used to describe SEO, especially not in a PHP development context. SEO belongs more to the front-end design (HTML/CSS) aspect of website development than it does the back-end (PHP, in this case).

In the PHP world, the word "optimization" would more likely involve things like database query optimization, ease of development, request load time (caching and such), and even code performance.

Point is, you should be more clear about things like this. You're talking to actual developers here; we generally aren't impressed by the kind of vague terminology you might use to sell your abilities to people who don't really know what it means.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 26 September 2014 - 09:24 AM

Building websites, administration systems and also WordPress / vBulletin Plug-in and Themes.
I am using PHP for 1 years now :).
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• (7 Pages)
  • +
  • « First