• (7 Pages)
  • +
  • « First

95 Replies - 31602 Views - Last Post: 15 September 2012 - 11:56 AM

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

Re: PHP Programmer Roll Call

Posted 16 February 2011 - 10:00 AM

Im James, I have been programming for 8 years, I am self taught through trial and error and alot of reading.

I live in Chandler Arizona, have been invited to teach PHP here in town and am looking for a better job lol :batman:

I know multiple languages but PHP is my preferred, hope to help out around here :bananaman:
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• The Ninjaducky
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 20 February 2011 - 08:05 PM

VolcomMky, I hope to see you helping around PHP. Welcome to the PHP Programmers list. :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 21 February 2011 - 04:57 AM

Sounds more or less like my whole learning process volcommky.

Glad you decided to come to the forums, welcome.

This post has been edited by KingScar: 21 February 2011 - 04:58 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 05 April 2011 - 03:15 PM

I'm not a professional at PHP, but it is definitely my language of choice, especially for its ease of access and speed at server-side programming. I have helped normalize databases for the best compatibility with PHP, and have also created multiple OOP PHP5&6 classes for other websites to optimize its reusability. Thanks. :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Lurker
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 05 April 2011 - 06:17 PM

Hmm, thought I already posted here but didn't see it O_o.

I'm still pretty new to the IT industry, I've been working for slightly over a year and doing PHP for that long. My experience thus far consists mostly of working on a social working type site at my job.I started there as a student doing a work term and they kept me on after graduation.

The project does not use a framework and is pretty much written in native PHP. I have used PHPCake a tiny bit at work on another project but would like to use a proper framework more often, just for the experience.

I use MySQL daily, the project has over 100 tables and is still growing, most of them were designed and implemented by me.

I do a fair amount of Javascript via jQuery as well. I am terrible at making things pretty :P

This post has been edited by Jstall: 05 April 2011 - 07:15 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 15 September 2012 - 11:56 AM

Hello, I'm Dylan.

Current Projects:
FanboyWar - Debate website. I'll have more information on this when we launch. http://fanboywar.com should be up within a week or so.
Optivus ATS - I'm the project leader for developing an automated testing system for a proton therapy machine. Can't disclose any details, but we're using PHP and have extremely strict security requirements on the web application.

I specialize in security, but I've got experience in every step of web application development.
Unit testing and me don't get along very well. I usually have people that are working under me unit test my code, and its sort of a running competition for who can find a bug in my code.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• (7 Pages)
  • +
  • « First