• « First

74 Replies - 32404 Views - Last Post: 10 February 2014 - 09:38 AM

• The Peasant
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: VB.NET Roll Call

Posted 05 October 2011 - 07:49 AM

View Postsmohd, on 04 October 2011 - 01:26 PM, said:

May be me too, I am new to VB.NET but used to study it day and night for about 10 months and new to programming for about 1 year since I heard the word "Programming" in practice ;)

I can dig that. :P
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 13 November 2011 - 04:50 PM

I am primarily learning VB.Net.

I am an accountant and have had to use Excel for years. Having to learn Excel led to having to learn how to write macros which led to having to learn VBA for Excel which led to having to learn Visual Basic (using Visual Basic 2008 Express).

I've been learning this (VB.Net) for a little less than a year on my own. The intro to Visual Basic books cease to be helpful very quickly. Going from never using VS before to learning what is in an introductory VB book was much easier than what I am experiencing now trying learn the more complex things. Trying to go from a beginner level to an intermediate level of skill led me to DIC (among other places, but this is the only one I am active with).
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Das kann nicht sein
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 13 November 2011 - 07:15 PM

I do VB.Net - it's the first language I learnt (apart from the command line and some Mac Terminal) and I'm comfortable with it. It's easy enough to grasp, and it's powerful enough to achieve what ever I want.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 12 December 2011 - 12:48 PM

I am a hardware engineer by education and worked in the hardware design / applications space for almost 30 years. I have spent the last year writing code in VB.net and C#.net. My first completed project (VB.net) will be released to production in the next week or two as soon as I iron out a couple of deployment wrinkles. It's been a learning experience, and generally a lot of fun. Some different than the C and assembly I have been using for years!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 16 February 2012 - 06:55 PM

My name is Cherish, I have worked in visual basic .net for a couple years, I'm pretty good in the language and feel free to let anyone contact me for help.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 28 September 2012 - 02:09 AM

I've been using vb.net since college but used a different PL on my thesis. Now, I have finished developing an Accounts Receivable System using vb.net . Currently testing it to fix some errors on the system and after that , deployment. After the deployment, i'll do another project. I was assigned to develop a module to be used by the nurses here.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Coding Geezer
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 01 October 2012 - 06:14 PM

My first job in the computer field was in 1966, working on an IBM 6400 Electronic Accounting Machine. Discrete transistors for the logic gates, relays for program stepping and triggering operations, and a large plugboard for the program itself. We've come a long way.

From there, I went on to IBM 360 assembler, Fortran, and many more languages. I currently, for the past 8 months or so, have been programming in VB.Net, but not as a job. I'm retired, and I now program for fun. My most recent job was programming micros, mostly Atmel AVRs and Mitsubishi, as well as Visual C++ and VB for controlling them as part of large projects, mainly in the telephone industry.

I consider myself a relative beginner in VB.Net, and I'm here to learn the language by trying to answer questions.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 27 December 2012 - 01:12 AM

Programming is a hobby of mine. Build roof trusses as a day job. I used to write tons of batch scripts just for fun, but know I've recently gotten more experienced and have moved on to VB.NET. I'm no pro, but I can make it do work.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

Posted 22 June 2013 - 10:37 PM

Learned VB.net 2009 but i start doing programming in it since last one year. still lot of to learn

Learned VB.net in 2009 but i start doing programming in it since last one year. still lot of to learn
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Addict
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 01 August 2013 - 10:11 AM

Started programming when I was 15, I'm 22 now. I've been developing professional applications for 5 years now. I went to college the year I got out of High School, and got my Associates Degree in Computer Science, specializing in Computer Programming, in 18 months. I want to go back to school to get at least my Bachelor's Degree. VB.Net is my strongest language, then C#. My profile shows all the languages I know. I always love learning new programming techniques, and am willing to help anyone I can expand my knowledge to. Hope to speak to you all soon!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 17 September 2013 - 03:31 AM

Hi, I've been programming in VB.net for at least a year now. Object Oriented Programming is fun, because of its Reusability. I usually like to design the form in visual studio, and then take it apart. Leaving only a blank container, and recreate the objects in a basic class to reuse later.

No degree yet, attending a community college.

Currently making a application for one of my class for fun, just copying the textbook's vocabulary, translation, and lessons in each chapter. For personal use of course.

I'm always learning.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 31 October 2013 - 02:22 PM

I've been dabbling in VB.NET for years. Have written several programs for my company, and a few for personal use. Have learned all the wrong ways to do things through trial and error, but I am truly self taught (with the help of google searches). :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 14 January 2014 - 06:07 PM

Hello all. :bananaman:
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 05 February 2014 - 03:13 PM

Just wrote my 'Hello World', and I love it!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Prince of all (2) Saiyans

• View blog

Posted 10 February 2014 - 09:38 AM

Huh, how have I never seen this thread...

2 years of VB.net followed by idle dabbling spanning 3-4 years up to now. First language/love.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • « First