• +
  • Last »

81 Replies - 68124 Views - Last Post: 16 February 2016 - 03:22 PM

• New D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: VB.NET Roll Call

Posted 02 May 2009 - 05:12 AM

I started learning Visual Basic 6 a few years ago and now I am learning visual basic .net. I am particularly interested in windows forms and windows presentation foundation. I hope to pass the MCTS track for .net 3.5 and I'm preparing for it.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Untitled
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 02 May 2009 - 10:42 PM

at the beginning i started VB 6 but after a few months i started VB.Net at 2006 and i am interested in Application Developments and Database Developments, and also iam working in a office as a Software Engineer.

This post has been edited by noorahmad: 02 May 2009 - 11:03 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 07 May 2009 - 01:05 PM

Hi, I'm Todd. I've been programming in vb.net for about 6 months. It's my first programming language. It has been really useful and has taught me the basics of programming. It's my language of choice; even if I'm programming C++ I think in vb.net. I am currently a student in NZ.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 13 May 2009 - 09:48 PM

Hey everyone, Patrick here.

I've been working with VB.NET for about two and a half years now, and I've gained quite a bit of knowledge about it.

I'm currently working on two large projects, both of which are commercial. The first is a scheduling application for small and medium businesses to manage (and schedule, of course) their staff. It consists of two VB.NET applications and a third ASP.NET web application. My second project is a single desktop application for teachers and schools to manage their testing more efficiently - I can't and won't say more, sorry.

I've received great help here already, and when I have the time I plan on helping out around here as well, but with these two projects I've been busy, busy, busy.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 15 May 2009 - 09:03 AM

Hi,

Been coding VB.Net commercially for about 8 years.. Worked on everything from simple command line apps.. through to full blown real-time , multi-threaded transaction brokers.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 19 May 2009 - 08:43 AM

Hello!

My name is Jeremy, I am 24 years old. I started out programming in High School with VB5 and fell in love with it. Back then I wrote extremely simple applications that would probably have absolutely no use in the real world. :) But they were fun to develop in my spare time.

I went to college, and obtained a Bachelor's Degree in Management Information Systems, and a BBA. I worked as an in-store Computer Technician for the Geek Squad for 2 years, and then in December of '08 I was hired by a Computer Consulting Firm as their primary VBA, VB, and VB.NET developer. We're a fairly small office, we only have one other programmer, and he happens to be the VP of the company. So 95% of the programming is done by me. :D

I've developed very simple applications that just go to a text file and read a line, all the way up to data manipulation in the tens of thousands of records. I considered myself a pretty decent programmer in college, with the ability to figure things out quickly. But since I've been on the job I've already learned 10 times the amount of what I knew then.

And if anybody thinks you can learn programming by taking a class you're foolish. :D You can teach logic, but that's about it. It's just like speaking a new language, you have to speak it to learn it.

I've made some programs for personal use as well. I wrote a small application to calculate our Softball Teams stats which has came in very handy. And if there are any World of Warcraft fans out there, I wrote a program to manage our Guilds DKP.

I <3 Programming!

This post has been edited by eworm: 19 May 2009 - 08:44 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

Posted 20 May 2009 - 07:50 PM

Been programming in BASIC since smartBASIC, got cert. in VB6 and SQL Server7, and VB.net was the next step even though I'm a little late coming to it.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 21 May 2009 - 05:21 PM

HI im a new zealand student learning vb im in my 5th month of vb and have gone from ultra basic form manipulating programs to working on my currently large Record programing (which is mostly working) for a hypothedical cattery company

my back ground in programing started from web devlopment because i wanted something stronger to challenege me than html css asp etc
any ways skip ahead 6months i started studying VB.net and hope to move to C# by the end of the year

but ive found that vb.net is a nice straight forward simple coding langauge.(ok im lieing ^^)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 25 May 2009 - 12:27 PM

Hi,

I have been using vb.net for about 8 years. I first started using javascript about a year ago and it made me want to do more programming but with actual applications. I am currently only doing simple things with vb - just finished a timer app with alarm, stopwatch, countdown timer etc and have made a converter for temperature, length, volume, area etc. My main aim is to make games so I will be studying Java next year and C# in my spare time. Will also learn C++ at some time too

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 26 May 2009 - 04:24 AM

3 year experience in developing applications in VB.NET.

Skills in VB.NET:
- Multithreading
- Serial COM communication
- RPC
- WebServices
- creating Graphs (drawing)
- Database management (Access, SQL Server)
- working with specialized data structures (arraylist, array, dictionary, etc)
- working with data sets and data tables
- error management
- mail using code
- custom forms and custom form controls
- bit manipulation
and such

This post has been edited by cristelaru: 26 May 2009 - 04:25 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 01 June 2009 - 08:21 AM

Add me in! VB.net 2005 Mostly ASP.Net stuff so far.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Ill-informed Mongoloid
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 02 June 2009 - 08:15 AM

I've been using VB.NET now for 2-3 years. I only really have one 'commercial' program I created, but that is being used by a university here in the UK to capture signatures from a signature pad. Currently, I'm working on version 3 of this little application to make it use a better type of signature pad, and maybe even (if I get the SDK any time soon), a fingerprint scanner too :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

Posted 02 June 2009 - 07:18 PM

As a systems admin for a large BPO I've been using my spare time to write VB.Net applications that do everything from simply parse text files to excel, pull data from FTP sites and push it to SQL Servers, provide fast and effective reporting services, custom server based chat applications, and a bunch of other small gadgets for whatever need we had at the time. I have about 2 years experince with VB.net and T-SQL. I've also done abit with C#, C++,Boo,Python and Java.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Sarcasm Extraordinaire!
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 10 June 2009 - 10:43 PM

I've used VB.NET off and on for about a year now, but I carried over some VB 6 knowledge I had from a class, and that helped me get started on it. I was a bit confused with all of the differences, but got it worked out fairly quickly and cleanly. :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• It's That Guy
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 17 June 2009 - 08:11 AM

I had to quick learn VB.NET and ADO for a job I landed. It was pretty fun and I found out that for developing quick windows apps, vb.net is really quite nice. I had used VB in the past, but it wasn't quite as good, imho, as the .NET form. I'm glad they fixed it up.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »