• +
  • Last »

81 Replies - 69809 Views - Last Post: 16 February 2016 - 03:22 PM

• D.I.C Regular
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: VB.NET Roll Call

Posted 22 June 2009 - 10:43 AM

I'm a VB.NET programmer. I have been doing .NET for almost 6 months now, self taught. I also have a full time job as a .NET programmer, but I got into programming when I started writing code for cheats on a game. :P

~Camo
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 06 July 2009 - 02:46 PM

Programming w/ VB.NET for 2 or so years. App I made: http://www.mediafire...621d66e282a0ee8
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• class Me : Perfection
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 13 July 2009 - 02:04 PM

I taught myself .NET programming when i was 11, and have been doing it for 3 years now. Though i started in VB.NET, i mainly use C# as my main programming language now. I've made many applications in both VB.NET and C#. I don't have any apps on the web except for a couple small things on SF, but that is at the moment.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 17 July 2009 - 05:24 AM

hmmm first post :D,

I first started programming using Delphi way back - about 14 years back, then VB6, then Visual Studio .NET 2003 (which came with a book when I did E-Commerce/Buisness management at University), and now Visual Studio 2008 (only VB.NET I end up using).

I have made a couple of programs, from applets for the G15 keyboard, to some simple games, and what Im working on now is a customer management program for my father for his buisness (typing invoices and customer management in word is just yuck), using a MS access database. Should be easier for him, especially with software "tailor-made".

Pretty much 80% is self taught (20% Uni - I already knew what they were teaching haha).

Also Im experienced with HTML, MySQL, PHP.

And non computer related - I also do Electronics.

And my day job - a Mechanic, soon to be also a dairy farmer :D (in a few weeks).

This post has been edited by PDUNZ: 17 July 2009 - 05:27 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 20 August 2009 - 07:44 PM

I've been programming in .net since I was a freshman in college some 7 years ago. right now I'm creating a scheduling software for my workplace in VB.Net that has to interface with MySql and crystal reports. So I've become somewhat of an expert when it comes to VB.net and MySql
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 27 August 2009 - 12:20 PM

I'm 16 and started programming with liberty basic in 7th grade. I learned c++, Actionscript 2.0, and Java in 9th and 10th grade. Last year i took a programming class at my high school where I was introduced to VB.Net. At first I didn't really like the language because it seemed limited in its capabilities, but now I use it more than any other language. I usually make simple games or small applications that would probably only be useful to me. I am currently working on and almost finished with a BrainF**k interpereter in VB.Net.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 20 September 2009 - 12:31 AM

Add me in if you feel like it. I'm lazy and don't program much. Can pretty much code anything I want to if I feel obliged to do so.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• MrCupOfT
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 20 September 2009 - 03:11 PM

I've been programming on & off since I was little. Started out on a ZX Spectrum 48K (God I miss those Rubber Keys)
Current looking for work, a decade and half of retail experience. Work for 6 months in a technology company, they developed IC / Electronic testing equipment.
Like active-digital oscilloscopes, chip identifiers. A Good experience.

When I'm not looking for work I help on here.
My current programming project is The PU Project. (A unit system for .net) The a link in my signature
It been slowly progressing, fitting with the language restrictions of vb.net on the CLR.
Made a couple of breakthroughs over the weekend. Arithmetic Operator using the Base Classes & simplified the Unit Converters.
With these I hope it makes the development progress a little smoother.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 01 November 2009 - 09:41 PM

I've been using VB.NET for about 1 month now, and have never had any official classes or courses. Basicially, I'm self-Taught.
I've done most of my learning the hard way, as in, spending hours trying to figure something out, w/o help (dumb, I know, but im one of those people who likes to do it the hard way). Usually, when I have problems, I just keep toying with it, until I post here, but usually, when I do, I end up figuring it out myself : P Anyway I'm working on creating a simple File Shredder.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 02 November 2009 - 11:58 PM

Hi,

I started off with Turbo C/C++ (v2 dos based) and progressed to VB 6. Taught myself VB.Net and C# although my key area is VB.Net and ASP.Net (with vb scripting and java).

I Wrote 1 Commercial Product. Its a Time and Attendance program written in ASP.Net and uses Biometric Clocking Terminals to interface with the program.

Currently I am writing a Client Management, Time and Biling and Accounting Software. It uses a MSSQL server Database and is Written in Vb.Net 2008. It's currently deployed at 3 Test sites and will go Commercial Next Year.

My next project is a Online Activation and Licensing Project that will integrate into the Client Management, Time and Billing and Accounting Software.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 09 November 2009 - 05:32 PM

I've taken two courses with VB.Net

Intro to VB
Intermediate to VB

The only programs I've wrote have been for school.

But I plan on building some apps as a hobby. I just need Ideas.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 20 January 2010 - 06:44 AM

View PostCore, on 14 Apr, 2009 - 08:59 PM, said:

In this thread, we'll be keeping a running list of VB.NET Programmers here at Dream.In.Code. This will give us a great opportunity to get to know each other, learn more about others coding abilities, and find other VB.NET Programmers with similar interests. Reply to this thread and we'll try to keep an updated list up at the top of our VB.NET Programming D.I.C Heads!
  • PsychoCoder
  • Core
  • mrmcpott
  • Magic_Man
  • LemonMan
  • Ändrew
  • SixOfEleven
  • jurdendurden
  • sh250080
  • juunas
  • lcyhoho
  • Jstall
  • firebolt
  • Goethals
  • bflosabre91
  • WinBase
  • arnab14
  • noorahmad
  • CodingIlliterate
  • Joranth
  • Lumenii
  • eworm
  • TechWar
  • cristelaru
  • FurryFreak
  • Hexene
  • cristelaru
  • WaibelRD
  • Bort
  • T3hC13h
  • Locke
  • ccubed
  • CamoDeveloper
  • kewlcreator
  • jacobjordan
  • PDUNZ
  • RevanA4
  • piman314
  • RodgerB
  • AdamSpeight2008
When you reply, tell us a little about what you're current VB.NET Programming situation so others know what you're up to.

I've been programming in VB.NET on and off for about 10 years now, since VB.NET was in beta. I've worked with it both with Winforms and Webforms built web services, and incorporated encryption into my VB.NET apps. I'm currently on a contract using VB6 and Oracle, but I'm hoping to get a VB.NET contract or permanent position next. (that's the goal, whether there's one available or not, that's another story all together!). I've been in the IT industry for over 27 years.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 17 April 2010 - 03:11 AM

hi to all
basically i am a vb6 programmer with some basic maths knowledge
so when i switch over to vb.net it's a big thing to me
i go search for everything in dreamincode, google, yahoo, and some search sites

you know
   app.path

to
my.application.info.directorypath()

i search this thing also

then very later i know there is a built in utility in VS in the tools menu,
so i decided to go to a basic course for vb.net to know about the VSIDE

there, i only know about the known things,
then i self study it

i use the old vb6 functions in vb.net
when i came to post a tutorial on vb.net section here PsychoCoder insist me avoid the old msgbox function and use the messagebox.show and also insist me to avoid the legacy vb6 functions

now i am work with in an account's application with some neat coding thank's to dream-in-code

i think, still a long way to go in this journey

This post has been edited by thava: 17 April 2010 - 03:20 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 10 May 2010 - 02:35 AM

Hi, im Kristian and I've been learning VB.NET for around a year now. I have kind of slowed down now because of school and stuff but still I enjoy learning from you guys here at D.I.C. My biggest project has been my web browser called MiBrowser (pronounced My Browser) witch I am still working on. I am also getting into some HTML and the language that started me off on my journey of Coding was Python. I haven't used it in a while though and I had no clue when I started it but from there I went to Microsoft Small Basic, witch I found too easy, and then to VB.NET, witch is Just Right.:balloon:

one more thing, I wanna work for Google :D
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 31 May 2010 - 07:18 PM

I have created a few released apps. Mainly for Windows Mobile but now have a very good kitchen to build roms for the Moment and Evo. I started back when GWBASIC was main stream. So, I am still trying to break that old mindset of coding in-line. Hope to get and provide help on this site. Check out my site for my apps. http://www.jmzsoft.com

Sent from my Moment using Tapatalk
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »