• +
  • Last »

161 Replies - 38376 Views - Last Post: 03 October 2014 - 12:46 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: C# Roll Call

Posted 02 June 2009 - 07:37 AM

View PostCore, on 14 Apr, 2009 - 09:01 PM, said:

In this thread, we'll be keeping a running list of C# Programmers here at Dream.In.Code. This will give us a great opportunity to get to know each other, learn more about others coding abilities, and find other C# Programmers with similar interests. Reply to this thread and we'll try to keep an updated list up at the top of our C# Programming D.I.C Heads!
  • PsychoCoder
  • Core
  • JackOfAllTrades
  • papuccino1
  • X@MPP
  • SixOfEleven
  • itlee
  • magius96
  • Beetlebub
  • b_bcubed@yahoo.com
  • W3B5T4R
  • gabehabe
  • Footsie
  • Jayman
  • maffelu
  • Kirth
  • jaf
  • y2kjerome
  • WushuMonster
  • scalt
  • b.ihde
  • jona431
  • noorahmad
  • TommyBoy
  • fregmenc
  • bigtonyk
  • chughlett
  • lenihan
  • Sleepwalker87
When you reply, tell us a little about what you're current C# Programming situation so others know what you're up to.

I've been a hobbyist programmer for over 15 years. I used to write programs for DOS-based systems - freeware, shareware and custom applications. I lived in rural West Tennessee where there was no demand for programmers and I have never been able to make a living with what I know. I continue to study and learn new languages when my real life lets me. Now I'm unemployed and hoping to become a professional in some form. I have never had any contact with real programmers 'til now. This site is my first chance to interact with real programmers!

I am currently working on a Twitter application in C# - just as practice. I need some help learning how to become a professional programmer.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 02 June 2009 - 07:42 AM

View Postfremgenc, on 12 May, 2009 - 05:43 AM, said:

Hi I'm Chris,
and I'm a C#-aholic

I first started using C# about 3 years ago for a class assignment. I was pressured to use by one of my professors. Ever since then I've been hooked and I've been abusing it for a year an a half now. I've tried to reduce my dependency on it (Java, VB, CF, C++) but the addiction has grown too strong and theres no turning back. Sometimes my fingers start to shake until I start typing C# code.

C#- my perfect drug.

My current project in C#- Text Mining Google and extracting broad understandings to a given search term. (Basically tells you what the search term is, and not just how to find it on the internet)

As a C# newbie who was raised on Pascal I am finding the transition to a visual language bothersome but interesting. I still find it hard to equate drag-and-drop to REAL programming but I'm getting more addicted by the day.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Addict
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 02 June 2009 - 12:50 PM

Wow, I just now found this thread! :P

I've been programming for over a year now. I program mainly in C#, but I've done various projects in VB, C++, and a little Python. I just recently started learning F# (just for fun).

At the moment I am working on several projects. The two projects that I have been spending the most time on is a set of assemblies for 3D game programing in XNA. I wouldn't call it an engine, but will simplifies things a lot. The other project that I have been working on is a small game. Basically, it's a 3D version of Pacman.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 04 June 2009 - 01:28 PM

Been programming C# with ASP.NET since 2005 prior to that VB, Delphi, C, Clipper, Ingres abf. Currently doing my first VB.NET/ASP.NET project.

ps wish I could change my username but not figured out how. Ideas ?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 07 June 2009 - 01:19 PM

I used to be a big Ruby programmer, working on a few small-time projects like a game, and a program that managed external devices (like USB drives).

However I'm moving closer to C#, and I'm loving it so far.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• .. does not guess solutions
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 09 June 2009 - 07:13 AM

I have been coding in C# for near 3 years now, written several tutorials, code snippets and full applications.

I'm currently working on 3 commercial projects, one's an internal client management system networked over several computers internally with a read-only web interface, another is a photo uploader and management system for a website that we've built. The final project is a rewrite of our instant messaging system (client + server), I'll post more info on it here as we progress through the various development and internal testing stages.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 11 June 2009 - 12:43 PM

Hello,

I'm an undergrad CS major looking to specialize in either AI/Robotics/Software Engineering. Right now, I am working on a front-end application for a freight forwarding company as well as designing their back-end databases. I recently completed a catalog search tool for an aircraft spare parts / tools company.

I also have an interest in game programming and have been dabbling a bit in the XNA framework. So far, all my game programming experience is in python.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 16 June 2009 - 06:49 AM

I'm currently working on using the SharePoint Object Model, Linq, C#, and XML files to automate the creation and deployment of a SharePoint site.

So far it does the following: creates the site and the webs within them; creates lists and list items; creates views; adds content types to lists; uploads items to the site; creates groups or users and modifies permissions; manages InfoPath forms; installs workflows; customizes navigation; creates pages within the site; manages the master page the site is using; and other things.

All of this is done with customizable XML file(s) since we would like to use the tool again if needed on future projects. :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Not Your Ordinary Programmer
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 16 June 2009 - 03:12 PM

Wow...I just saw this thread.

I've been programming in C# for about 2 and half years now. Currently working on 2 custom manufacturing systems for two clients, both utilizing windows, web, and mobile applications.

On personal time, I've created a couple of websites for video games. One is a "metrics" site that shows the player counts for SOCOM: Confrontation. The other site creates a forum signature that embeds a player's stats from Warhawk (another PS3 game).

I am currently working on writing a .Net library for the Twitter API.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 17 June 2009 - 12:06 AM

Hi all,

I've been programming for about 15 years now. I've been using C# for almost 6 years. I am currently working on custom web parts in SharePoint. In my free time I am currently focussing on ASP.NET MVC, Data Services and Azure but I tend to jump back and forth to other technologies like Ruby (and IronRuby).

Erik
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Villiage Idiom
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 18 June 2009 - 05:59 PM

I've been using C# for about 6 months. Currently I have been working with the XNA framework for .NET, developing 2-D applications, teaching myself how the framework works, and how to handle physics and the like.

My Current Projects are:
A Galaga like shooter (almost done)
A Physics engine game, in which the player uses the mouse to hit a ball around a room (which I'll be adding more content to as I go... gotta take these things one step at a time)

Other than that, I've written the beginnings of a Matrix library class (in the form of a .dll file) and a GUI to go along with it.

That and other random trivial toys, I am still quite new to the language, but so far love it.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 01 July 2009 - 05:48 PM

I'm really pretty much Beginner with C# but Visual Studio 2008 helps me fake it pretty well.

I just have to say that christinahelton's project that he describes is very interesting.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

Posted 08 July 2009 - 07:29 PM

Hey guys, took a C# class my sophomore yea in college and have started to pick it up again. I would like to make a career out of it if I can =)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 10 July 2009 - 01:26 PM

Name: Ross Porter
Position: Senior Software Engineer
Company: Hewlett Packard (EDS, an HP Company)

Current Projects: HP Parts Store online Ecommerce Site in ASP.Net
Highlight Project: Jason Foundation For Education - ASP.Net WebParts Based Classroom Learning Portal.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• R.I.P. ( Really Intelligent Person, right? )
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 10 July 2009 - 02:42 PM

Actually only started working with C# for less than a year ago when I started to study Application Development in Malmö, Sweden.

At the moment I'm working at a somewhat big international company during the summer and developing a ASP.NET/C# web system for their customers, using a ORM Framework for the database abstraction and it's a really awesome project to be a part of. Unfortunately I can't really say much more about it than that, secrecy policies... :(

I really want to look into Silverlight and Expression Encoder to try and stream live video some day but that's a project that has to wait for a while since Microsoft's products ain't that very cheap for a poor student unless you're satisfied with the Express or Student versions that you are prohibited from using commercially. :(

See ya!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• (11 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »