• (14 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

202 Replies - 44160 Views - Last Post: 15 October 2013 - 04:50 PM

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

Re: Java Programmer Roll Call

Posted 28 April 2009 - 09:37 PM

I'm certainly no elitist or expert in Java programming, but I have worked on an couple of programs that could make it to the business market.

Program One: It's a time clock app, complete with number pad entry and gross check calculator. Future developments include net check calculator, an admin console. This was partly developed in JCreator, and other partly developed in Netbeans.

Program Two: More work specific, see I've worked at a McDonalds for the past couple of years, and I've written a program that would work to keep track of waste. Only problem is that McDonalds is anal on the Group Policy lockdown, and they've lock down the one machine that I could have put this on and improved our waste tracking system. Oh well no sense fighting the big bad corporation.

All I can say is that I am a humble programmer that looks to see what I can use to make life somewhat easier. Last I checked that is what programming was all about.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 29 April 2009 - 07:13 PM

Dave Manley here. I'm a Java Enterprise Architect working on the Air Force Civil Engineer System. Our primary tools are JDeveloper and Oracle 10gAS. We are currently using J2EE 1.4 but are set to move to JEE5 within the next couple of months. I have the following Sun (Oracle?) certificates: Java Programmer (J2SE 1.4), Web Component Developer (J2EE 1.4) and Java Enterprise Architect (JEE 5).
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Addict
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 01 May 2009 - 12:23 PM

Hii,

Prajay here , I have been a busy for sometime now , i decided to study java a bit nicely i had studied java before but not good as it was before i had completed c# a month before i am gonna restart studying java 1 month had past sorry for posting mine info late here i am expecting to complete java in a nice way in 15 days then will start writting tuitorials and some projects before mine college starts hope so everything works good. Mine project intrest in some mail storage system but that all once i complete java .

This post has been edited by prajayshetty: 01 May 2009 - 12:31 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 01 May 2009 - 01:53 PM

I'm a high school student learning Java on my own. My programming class teaches Java but i have a 103% in it (it's a useless class). I'm comfortable with the language but the only real programs I've written are a small console Blackjack game and a Tic-Tac-Toe game with a GUI and a bot. I've been at it for less than a year though so I think I've made a lot of progress with it as a first programming language.

I've mostly been learning out of pure interest but it may be a default plan for my future. At the moment I don't particularly want to be a professional programmer
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 05 May 2009 - 10:46 PM

System.out.println("Hello Dreamers");

My team and I develop in Java via the Eclipse Rich Client Platform framework.

Our applications encompass networked data acquisition, client UIs, data visualisation, formatting, and data treatment using some hoopy algorithms. We also use the RCP to implement a Python script editor to allow our users to sequence the aforementioned tasks.

Then we have lunch, and go again.

Cheers,
SciCoder (aka Paul)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 06 May 2009 - 04:15 AM

I program in Java and Actionscript 3.0, although mostly Java. Game and web development are my areas of interest. I have a couple of classes and about a year of study on my own under my belt so I guess you could say that puts me at the low end appiof intermediate skill level.

I'm looking into game and physics engines for Java right now and considering learning jmonkeyengine if I think I'm ready for it once I delve into that api. I'm also working through 'Killer Game Programming in Java' and and a couple other game books.

What dearth of game programming textbooks for java programmers!!! Everything is in C++.

So I'm studying that too, if only to get up to a level where I can read about how to do it in c++ and then go convert that to java and make it work.

enough,
Charles IronGleet
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Isn't a volcano just an angry hill?
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 06 May 2009 - 06:01 AM

Don't forget I use JAVA sometimes. It's biggest use for me would be in Game Server creation for things like MORPGs.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 06 May 2009 - 02:24 PM

Well I use Java too! I'm a CS major at Eastern Michigan taking the summer off though. I started with C++ at community college because that's what all the magazines said the game industry used, got to EMU and found out their program used Java instead (ugh). On the upside it has made me above average in both languages. I love coming and helping people out on the forums.
I'm currently working on a project for one of my professors. It's a simulator that is a small scale computer that is programmed using a very limited machine language to get students used to the idea of using a bunch of numbers for coding instead of words. It'll be some nice practice with GUI since my CS program doesn't actually teach it.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 06 May 2009 - 06:49 PM

I'm a 4th year Computer Science Student..
And I'm using JAVA..
But still, I'm not excellent yet..
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover

• View blog

Posted 10 May 2009 - 09:27 AM

I've been using Java since about September now. I've been using Java as a language for programming contests and database applications.

This post has been edited by chili5: 10 May 2009 - 09:28 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• lost in compilation
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 10 May 2009 - 10:08 AM

Been working on mostly PHP and Javascript lately, but I have soft spot for Java coding.
I have 3 or 4 projects on the go. The biggest would be the extension of my steganography application, finishing a gui for a screenshot app I wrote a while back, a new encryption algorithm (only in starting phases here) and a list of small programs to fill my own needs.

I taught myself the basics of Java about 7 years ago and have been using it in my University courses and in a couple of contract jobs since then.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• human.setType("geek");
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 12 May 2009 - 10:12 AM

Hello everyone, Java is the main language that i program in, actually most of my programs are usually written in Java and i spend almost all my time coding in it. In addition, most of my programming courses at university are all done in Java. I have not been much active around the Java forum lately because i am devoting some more time to working on personal and group projects almost all of them in Java. I am currently working on a family/home budget accounting system. Another project is an employee management system, this program is being programmed and designed by me and other students from my university. In addition, i have been developing some simple games in java and lately started using the Greenfoot Engine for Java Games(snake, another one is a super mario platform game). In addition, i have just started learning C++ and i am looking forward to being active in the C/C++ forum soon. I am looking forward to be more active here once i have more free time :)

This post has been edited by ayman_mastermind: 12 May 2009 - 10:19 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 20 May 2009 - 01:18 PM

Count me in.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 26 May 2009 - 12:10 AM

Hi. Im a java developer for three years now

This post has been edited by cpu_scheduling: 26 May 2009 - 12:22 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 29 May 2009 - 01:35 AM

I'm a Java Programmer from North Wales, UK. For my job I work on various Java applications ranging from Swing to Eclipse Plugins to JSF web applications.

Probably my biggest project to date has been my Eclipse Plugin which unconventionally connects to a database and allows numerous tasks to be undergone utilising the strength of the Eclipse platform. Trust me, it was not my decision to use Eclipse in such a way... just doing as I'm told...

As it stands, my current project is working on a web application which is a basic bespoke CMS for our client.

Out of work, I'm a freelance PHP developer currently working on a few projects for a company in Australia.

I'm really happy to see a strong Java community on DIC, one of the main reasons I joined, and then paid for DIC++ so I could get involved a bit more! :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• (14 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »