1 Replies - 5386 Views - Last Post: 16 April 2009 - 01:45 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Rollover buttons with submenus in dreamweaver CS4

Post icon  Posted 15 April 2009 - 12:02 PM

Hi everyone, I need some help with my navigation bar in dreamweaver CS4 , i can manage to create a menu with rollover buttons , but can`t seem to create a submenu to go with it .The only option was to create a vertical menu with the spry vertical menu bar which is rather dull and boring and i tried to insert my buttons as a background image in this spry menu bar , but the buttons do not fit well and ofcourse have the rectangle box around them whereas these buttons are a nice ovalish shape. Is it possible to put in my custom buttons which i created in xarasoft menu maker and are saved as a gif file , in dreamweaver with submenus.

Another problem i have is that i created the same website in dreamweaver CS4 earlier and decided to change it completely , and therefore deleted the evtire file in dreamweaver ,and now have created new pages , but when i click those links the old pages show up and i cant seem to replace them with my new pages , any ideas on how i can relove these pages completely.
I hope i am coming accross articulately enough , if not please ask and i will try to explain it differently.
Let me add , this is my first attempt at a website , kindly guide step by step.
Love , light & laughter
swamiji

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Rollover buttons with submenus in dreamweaver CS4

• $bert = new DragonUnicorn(); $bert->rawr();
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Rollover buttons with submenus in dreamweaver CS4

Posted 16 April 2009 - 01:45 AM

First.
In order to get rid of the previous page you need to remove the page lock. This is a simple task that can be accomplished by going into your folder options and select show hidden files.

Second.
when creating a menu with rollovers you are going to want to stick with the spry menu and use it as a template. There are going to be some files that go along with it such as a css and a js file. These can easily be modified through dreamweaver.
the size issues that you are having can be changed through the css file except the messurements will be in ems. you can simply change it to .px for pixels. when it comes to your rollover background image just change the background image under the hover section.

i hope this helps you out i responded to someone who had a similar question i would advise you review it here.

i will subscribe to help you out along the way.
gl!
Was This Post Helpful? 1

Page 1 of 1