Reputation: 19 Tradesman
- Active Members
- Active Posts:
- 458 (0.21 per day)
- 25-November 07
- Profile Views:
- Last Active:
- Feb 15 2013 09:39 AM
- OS Preference:
- Who Cares
- Favorite Browser:
- Who Cares
- Favorite Processor:
- Favorite Gaming Platform:
- Your Car:
- Dream Kudos:
Posts I've Made
Posted 7 Feb 2013What you don't understand is,
1) I'm not asking you to write any code, I haven't got that far yet, so it doesn't matter what I'm trying to code game-wise, as I haven't got that far yet, and,
2) I have no misconceptions of my abilities to create a game, I know I'm a noob at making games, but what I'm trying to do is create a learning plan, so the details don't matter one freakin bit to you. Point is, I'll get there, in my own time, and people saying 'You won't get your results in a reasonable time' is pointless. If you put yourself in my shoes, it seems you don't want anybody to even try, with the comments you put out.
3) All I'm asking about is how much harder is 2D vs 3D and a generalized question about engines, which nobody seems to want to answer. I've told you what my game is going to be, A SPACE RANGERS 2 clone of sorts, if you've never played the game, and you just want to assume I'm sitting here wide-eyed and wagging my tail hoping for a bone, you're horribly misguided. I've done other programming, I've gone to school for it, hell. So I know quite a bit about the process, and since I don't want to go to school to learn this, hell, I know I'll never get a job as a game programmer, so don't worry, but since I'm not going to school for it, I have to make my own learning plan.
4) Back to my earlier message, keep it to yourself, I won't be asking anything else.
Posted 7 Feb 2013Ok, haven't seen the join function yet. Thanks
Posted 31 Jan 2013modi, your entire last post is an admission that you read none of my posts IN THIS VERY THREAD. I laid every bit of that out, even saying I was planning a "SpaceRangers 2 type game", key word here is planning. Yet you come in like I'm some noob who doesn't even know what color my asshole is. That's fine, keep it to yourself, I won't be asking for anything else.
Posted 31 Jan 2013The point I'm trying to get across is, I've got plenty of attitude, but I am able to put that aside and ask nicely. But it seems that no matter how much information I give, or how well I word it, the prevalent answer is, you didn't give enough information for me to answer your question, or you don't know enough to do what you say you're trying to do.
Really, what does what I'm trying to do have anything to do with the specific question I'm asking? I give you all the relevant information available to me at the time, if I thought you needed more than that, I'd have included it.
If you don't know, just say you don't know, or better yet, don't say anything. If you can help, help. Anything else is not helpful. Don't muddy the water.
Posted 31 Jan 2013Hi,
My family is planning on a family project to make a game.
So, a family project tells you nothing?
So far, we've gone through some of the Contruct 2 tutorials on gamedev.tutsplus.com as a start.
This doesn't tell you anything about where we are or even what we're trying to accomplish?
Reading some of the threads in here, such as the stickied game resource thread, I'd like to get some of your opinions on what to look for in an engine, or if we should look into making our own engine.
...and this doesn't specifically spell out what I'm looking for, asking for?
What we're planning is a spacerangers 2 (awesome game, wish it was supported on Win7+) type game, and we haven't worked out anything as of yet on how to build it, we're just learning. Main question, since it'll be a space game, should I make it 2D or 3D, and how much difference is there between 2D and 3D as far as development goes?
Again, spelled out more about my question, 2D vs 3D seems pretty engine specific to me, but then, I don't know what language you may be reading it from, maybe the English>Chinese translation wasn't very clear. I also, in a later reply, pretty much spelled out that I was guiding my kids to try to help them learn how to accomplish their goals. Growing up, I never had anybody help me with a goddamn thing, and I am trying to see that my kids won't have to have my attitude. I got to see my dad twice a year if I was lucky, and my mom worked nights, and I got to see her 10 minutes a day.
Well, before I go on a rant, I'll just say thank you and move one.
10 minutes of writing said rant omitted already.
- Member Title:
- D.I.C Regular
- Age Unknown
- Birthday Unknown
- Years Programming:
- Programming Languages:
- C++, VB, Java
- Website URL:
Pwn hasn't added any friends yet.