marketing?

Page 1 of 1

9 Replies - 3626 Views - Last Post: 05 March 2005 - 04:34 AM

• THIS IS SPARTAAA
  • member icon

• View blog

The Future Of Product Reviews.

Posted 20 January 2005 - 09:38 AM

I think this is marketing related... I guess. :-) Ladies and Gentlement, with the world of the "life style" geeks roaming the streets with their Mp3 players, I introduce to you the future of product reviews...

MP3's. They are starting to record the product review instead of typing it, and making an MP3 available for download. You can hear the latest MP3 player or computer reviews as you walk to class, or drive in your car. Schweet.

http://209.245.59.10..._Podcast_02.mp3

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: The Future Of Product Reviews.

• g+ + -o drink whiskey.cpp
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: The Future Of Product Reviews.

Posted 20 January 2005 - 09:49 AM

Interesting idea...makes me wonder how far we are away from those types of things coming with commercials (mmm...audio spam)... :)

Neat, though.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• serial frotteur - RUDEST MEMBER ON D.I.C.
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 20 January 2005 - 09:59 AM

yeah, its pretty kool. i've been watching the video reviews over at ign for about a year now, those are pretty awesome too. it's nice for them to say their is a problem with strafing mechanics and then actually be able to watch the problem.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• THIS IS SPARTAAA
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 20 January 2005 - 10:01 AM

supersloth, on Jan 20 2005, 09:59 AM, said:

yeah, its pretty kool. i've been watching the video reviews over at ign for about a year now, those are pretty awesome too. it's nice for them to say their is a problem with strafing mechanics and then actually be able to watch the problem.

Ya. This is true. It's crazy where everything is goin.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 20 January 2005 - 01:47 PM

symphonicreverb, on Jan 20 2005, 10:01 AM, said:

supersloth, on Jan 20 2005, 09:59 AM, said:

Ya. This is true. It's crazy where everything is goin.

All we need now is wireless mp3's....

I guess that would be FM Radio or a cell phone...never mind
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• THIS IS SPARTAAA
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 20 January 2005 - 02:14 PM

Oh, I'm sure wireless MP3 download will be the next big thing on iPod's. Sign up your iTunes account, browse, buy, and download wirelessly.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Go Leafs

• View blog

Posted 23 January 2005 - 08:41 AM

symphonicreverb, on Jan 20 2005, 05:14 PM, said:

Oh, I'm sure wireless MP3 download will be the next big thing on iPod's. Sign up your iTunes account, browse, buy, and download wirelessly.

That is possibly, but doubtfull for several reasons

1) Data secutiry - To legally download (buy) mp3s, youd obviously need credit / a credit card, and I for one would not want that information travelling wirelessly.

2) There would have to be hundreds, possibly thousands of access points, and i dont care if they have them at airports.. i dont want to drive to the airport to have to download an mp3

3) True, it could be used on Cellular technology, but then you'd be charged for accessing the network, and charged for download time.

even for reason number 1, i would never allow any of my credit information to be transfered wirelessly anywhere, anytime, anyplace, there are enough people out there who look for this sort of thing (i know people who do this) and if i can just sit at home and plug my ipod in for a while and transfer mp3s that way.. fine by me.

Oh, and as for the MP3 reviews, thats also a great idea, but not for in car..
i dont know about you, but when i read product reviews i really try to focus on what im reading to make sure that i get the full story, and not miss anything or any part of the product, and when in a car, that attention should be on Driving, not talking on cell phones, not listening to product reviews. Driving.
and as you know, its allready illegal in new york state to talk on a cell and drive.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 23 January 2005 - 08:47 AM

symphonicreverb, on Jan 20 2005, 02:14 PM, said:

Napster beat them to it this time.

http://top40-charts....s.php?nid=10791
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 25 February 2005 - 02:19 PM

symphonicreverb, on Jan 20 2005, 09:38 AM, said:

I think this is marketing related... I guess. :-) Ladies and Gentlement, with the world of the "life style" geeks roaming the streets with their Mp3 players, I introduce to you the future of product reviews...

MP3's. They are starting to record the product review instead of typing it, and making an MP3 available for download. You can hear the latest MP3 player or computer reviews as you walk to class, or drive in your car. Schweet.

http://209.245.59.10..._Podcast_02.mp3

A great book for you all is "They Say They Want a Revolution" by Paul Mattheus. It is actually a compilstion of articles written by verious marketing pros. Very good and gives a good look at the future of marketing/advertising. Spam is going away due to the audience taking control. The real beauty of the Internet is the control it places in the hands of the audience (fancy term - market segmentation), and now that broadband is upon us it is only going to get better.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 05 March 2005 - 04:34 AM

yaah, i agreed to this concept
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1