Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: WebBrowser Bookmarks

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: WebBrowser Bookmarks

Post icon  Posted 14 May 2009 - 04:23 PM

Hello all,

I'm trying to use a menustrip to control the 'bookmarks' function of my webbrowser.

The idea being, when the user opens form2 to add a new bookmark, he enters the url and name they want associated with the bookmark and then when they click the "save" button, it will add a new toolmenustripitem to the menustrip in form1, that, when clicked, will take the webbrowser in the currently selected tab to the url they specified in form2

the adding of the toolstripmenuitem was simple
under the save_click event:

Dim bookmrk As New ToolStripMenuItem
bookmrk.Text = TextBox1.Text
bookmrk.Name = "bkmrk"
Form1.MenuStrip1.Items.Add(bookmrk)
Me.Close()

However, the issue I'm having is with the toolstripmenuitems after they've been created.

because the items are technically non-existent until the user creates them, I can't specify a _click event for them to load the URL in the webbrowser...

i thought i might be capable of using the bookmrk.site property by saying

bookmrk.site = textbox2.text

before adding (bookmrk) to the menustrip but alas, no avail.

then i thought about using the streamwriter/reader to make a new .txt file for storing the URLs but there's still the problem of the _click event so that didn't help me,
then later on i thought about using the my.settings file, but that idea was quickly shot down due to the same issue with the _click event on something that doesn't exist

Am I missing something completely obvious? It doesn't seem like it should be too complicated though any comments on how to make the URL correspond to the toolstripmenuitem would be greatly appreciated. However, please understand that I am fairy new to programming so if you could lay out what needs to be done here step by step, that'd be great :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1