want to make an mmorpg

getting a team together to make an mmorpg

Page 1 of 1

5 Replies - 2950 Views - Last Post: 24 May 2009 - 06:28 PM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

want to make an mmorpg

Posted 24 May 2009 - 12:58 PM

hey guys, i want to make an mmorpg and i noticed there is a lot of bashing on people that want to make an mmorpg here but i thought i might as well post here. pretty much i have made the main storyline outline, players will be able to decide to be good or bad, race/class list/description, how i want it to look and run and such.... i dont know programing tho but thats why im looking for a team. email me at [email protected] if you would like more info on the game. it will be freelance programing at first but when the game is finished i plan on selling it.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: want to make an mmorpg

• フカユ
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: want to make an mmorpg

Posted 24 May 2009 - 02:00 PM

Hi there

Can you give any reason why a programmer should choose to work with you? Are you a game designer? Do you have any kind of portfolio of work you have done in the past?

It seems to me that you have an idea yet no clue of how to achieve it, join the many thousands of people like you. One of the main reasons that most people become game programmers it because they have ideas and want to see them realized as well.

The difference being that they took the time to get to grips with a language and create some games to get a feel on how games are made.

No offense but I'm pretty sure they would rather work on their own ideas than those of someone with no experience at all.

This isn't meant to sound offensive, but if you want someone to reply or be on your team your gonna have to give a lot more details and an incentive.
:^:

This post has been edited by stayscrisp: 24 May 2009 - 02:01 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

Posted 24 May 2009 - 04:21 PM

can you say what language/s you would like to use. Also give some of the ideas out to make people more interested.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 24 May 2009 - 04:34 PM

View Poststayscrisp, on 24 May, 2009 - 01:00 PM, said:

Hi there

Can you give any reason why a programmer should choose to work with you? Are you a game designer? Do you have any kind of portfolio of work you have done in the past?

It seems to me that you have an idea yet no clue of how to achieve it, join the many thousands of people like you. One of the main reasons that most people become game programmers it because they have ideas and want to see them realized as well.

The difference being that they took the time to get to grips with a language and create some games to get a feel on how games are made.

No offense but I'm pretty sure they would rather work on their own ideas than those of someone with no experience at all.

This isn't meant to sound offensive, but if you want someone to reply or be on your team your gonna have to give a lot more details and an incentive.
:^:

first, no i am not a programmer i only know some VB which wouldnt even be used in the game.

second, your right i do have an idea but i also do know how to achieve it that is why i am trying to get a team together to do it. and the reason a programmer should choose to work in my team is because i will use ideas that the team comes up with as well so its not like they are only making MY game it would be OUR game. ive seen many posts, not here exactally, but on other sites with even programmers trying to get a team together and they never could. instead of all these people wanting to get a team for THEIR game i dont see why people dont just join a team and everyone make compromises with their ideas. take some of one persons ideas and take some of someone else's and so on. that is what im looking for, programmers and artists that are very team friendly and arent afraid to voice their oppinion. so when you say they would rather work on their ideas rather then someone with no expierience you realize with me they would still be working on their own ideas i wouldnt just be telling them hey you, i need you to make my game do this. and the first step for them to start on their ideas after they learned programing would be to what.... get a team and one where people will actually listen and implement their ideas because making an mmorpg by yourself is next to impossible even if you do know the programing languages.

third, i take no offence and any other advice you have to give is appreciated. for details, like i said, please email me and as for incentive i dont have any if your talking about money atm but hopefully if i got a team together and we completed the game we could sell it.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Segmentation fault
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 24 May 2009 - 05:54 PM

So what exactly would you do? Do you have anything to contribute to the project besides ideas?

It's pretty unlikely that you're going to be able to put together any kind of team, especially considering you can't take the time to use punctuation (it makes your posts painful to read).

This post has been edited by Tom9729: 24 May 2009 - 06:01 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 24 May 2009 - 06:28 PM

Sad - he's trolling all the message boards with this proposition..

http://www.programme...her-for-mmorpg/

I thought he was unique to us. *waaaaaah* ;)

This post has been edited by modi123_1: 24 May 2009 - 06:29 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1