Do you believe in ghosts?

Let's share some stories...

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

80 Replies - 5740 Views - Last Post: 18 June 2009 - 02:08 AM

Poll: Ghosts (31 member(s) have cast votes)

1. Yes, I've experienced them first hand. (15 votes [48.39%])

Percentage of vote: 48.39%

2. Yes, but I haven't dealt with any. (5 votes [16.13%])

Percentage of vote: 16.13%

3. No, I'm a science man myself. (8 votes [25.81%])

Percentage of vote: 25.81%

4. No, I'm an atheist. (3 votes [9.68%])

Percentage of vote: 9.68%

Vote Guests cannot vote

• His name was Robert Paulson.
  • member icon

• View blog

Post icon  Posted 01 June 2009 - 07:31 AM

So I thought we could share some ghost stories.

I used to live in this huge mansion type house about 4 years ago. It was incredible, marble floors, marble counters, ivory stairs. Tony Montana would be jelous. Stories go that the house belonged to a drug dealer, he built that house using drug money and whatnot.

This is where the story get's a bit cliched, but it is true. Apparently, one day the coke-fiend arrives home from a trip and finds his wife with another man in bed. He kills the lover and smacks around the wife. After that happened they both moved out, leaving the house to itself for about 7 years.

What I've personally experienced with my own two eyes.

1. One day me and my brother were playing some Gunbound in our room (remember this happened in 2004-5) at about 7:30pm when we hear a loud thud from across the backyard. Nobodies supposed to be back there we think, it's just a storage space and nothing else. Instantly we both think the same thing but we don't say it. We turn off the computer monitor and listen closely, trying to catch another sound. That's when we see someone walking across the window across the patio in the second floor. We keep quite and don't know what to do. We see the figure standing in the window, frozen. After a few seconds we see the figure just vanish.

2. My brother told me that one day when he was coming out of the shower, he looked down from the window over to the pool and saw this wide shadow "blanket" he called it, crawl from out of the (empty) pool and go behind the artificial waterfall into the pump room. He was scared shitless needless to say.

3. Once I was going from my room over to my parents room (remember the house was BIG) when I heard a little "shhh" noise behind me. I had learned while living in that house to walk a bit sideways, as to see what was behind and in front of me, today I had forgotten that. I freeze thinking: "Ok, calm down. They can't do anything to you...." I can hear my heart throbbing in my ears, and after a few seconds I continue walking. That's when I hear a "pssst" from behind me and I SHIT myself. I never ran so fast in my entire life. In retrospect I should've looked behind me to see if there was something there, but I guess I'll never know.

4. After a couple of years of this shit, my family decides enough is enough and we plan to move. This happened on our last night in the house. We are all sleeping in my parents bedroom (it was big, and we were scared) when we hear loud clanging in the kitcken. All of the pots and pans are getting shaken and we can hear the counter tops being banged with a lot of things. Even my father who is a grown ass man, said "fuck it". Closed and locked the door. We moved the very next morning.

I'll try to find some pics of the house if I can and post them here. Beautiful house, not so beautiful tenants.

That's my story, share some of yours.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Do you believe in ghosts?

• I wrote you an code
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Do you believe in ghosts?

Posted 01 June 2009 - 07:49 AM

I have one. My friend's aunt used to babysit us after school. I loved going to his house because they had a lot of wooded land. We would often go out in the woods and run around, kicking over dead trees, etc. Sometimes my parents would get done early and call us inside. One day, we're out there playing, and we hear an unfamiliar voice calling our names. We yell "We're coming" because we think it must be somebody who came to get us. As we run towards the entrance to the woods, the voice gets louder and louder. We end up in the grassy yard, and there's a voice yelling my friend's name right behind us. We jump and turn around, and there's nobody there. We figure it's his older sister, messing with us, but we're scared shitless so we run inside. His aunt and his sister are watching TV in the living room, and said they didn't hear or see anybody.

We didn't go in the woods for a while.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• NeoTifa Codebreaker, the Scourge of Devtester
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 01 June 2009 - 07:50 AM

used to live in this huge mansion type house about 4 years ago. It was incredible, marble floors, marble counters, ivory stairs. Tony Montana would be jelous. Stories go that the house belonged to a drug dealer, he built that house using drug money and whatnot.

Bitch

I kept seeing this sillouette of a farmer looking man in my room. I got sick of it so I said "please leave me alone. I didn't do anything" and it went away. I still feel a little bit of a presence every now and again, and there will be a breeze going through my room rustiling my curtains and blinds with my windows closed, but I never saw him again.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• His name was Robert Paulson.
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 01 June 2009 - 07:57 AM

Well, shit. Now I'm a bit spooked. I shouldn't had written what I did, now I'm remembering everything that happened in that house.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Isn't a volcano just an angry hill?
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 02 June 2009 - 01:12 AM

You can believe in ghosts and still be a man/woman of science. There was a point when lightning was an equally mysterious phenomenon.

This post has been edited by WolfCoder: 02 June 2009 - 01:13 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 02 June 2009 - 01:19 AM

i dont believe in them but i`m scared of them :crazy:
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Isn't a volcano just an angry hill?
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 02 June 2009 - 01:21 AM

That's a little backwards o.o
I would have to believe in something to fear it. Classically in tales, ghosts can only hurt you if you believe they can.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

Posted 02 June 2009 - 02:18 AM

View PostWolfCoder, on 2 Jun, 2009 - 12:21 AM, said:

That's a little backwards o.o
I would have to believe in something to fear it. Classically in tales, ghosts can only hurt you if you believe they can.

+1

why do i always hear these stories from the people who are afraid of ghosts ?
i have never heard one from the people who dont believe or who the people who are not afraid
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• member icon

• View blog

Posted 02 June 2009 - 06:27 AM

I'm not afraid of them in general. Like I said, I calmly told that guy to leave me alone, and he did. Maybe he died in that house, or had a farming accident on the land where my house was built. Sure, it gives me chills, but I'm not about to bust out a nightlight and cry like a little girl.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• GabehabeSwamp
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 02 June 2009 - 06:31 AM

Too many to list.

Two of the weirdest:
Me and my mum have both seen the same shadowy figure walking around our house.

And in our old house, there was a bang in my mum's room, and then footsteps. I ran downstairs (she was too scared to fetch me, I was only about 4 lol) and we checked about half an hour later, nothing there. Nothing moved, nothing. Window was still closed, etc etc... :/

This post has been edited by gabehabe: 02 June 2009 - 06:31 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 02 June 2009 - 06:39 AM

I believe in them. Sometimes get that feeling where you feel something is behind you or watching you do things. You get paranoid.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• I wrote you an code
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 02 June 2009 - 10:42 AM

I live near a lot of Civil War battlefields, and I often run down this place called Sunken Road that passes between a cemetery and a battlefield with a friend. We get through that half mile stretch very quickly.

This post has been edited by xclite: 02 June 2009 - 10:43 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• straight vegetarian kid

• View blog

Posted 02 June 2009 - 10:48 AM

and yet again my IQ dropped...
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Garbage Collector

• View blog

Posted 02 June 2009 - 10:53 AM

I do believe in Ghosts, but I haven't really experienced any myself.

When I was younger my friend told me that he thought his house was haunted. I guess someone had died in it a while ago, and he said he always hears weird stuff coming from the basement. This was when I was like 12. Anyway, I spent the night and we "slept" in the basement. While we were down there we tried summoning ghosts LOL. We did the Ouija board and everything. We didn't get any results though.

With that said, I am an avid watcher of Ghost Hunters on the SciFi channel. I think that show is pretty legit. Most of the time they really don't come out and say they found evidence of ghosts.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• member icon

• View blog

Posted 02 June 2009 - 11:32 AM

Computerfox don't write stupid one liners like that on in this forum. Dis forum are srs. Plus, you could've offended somebody.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »