3 Replies - 24296 Views - Last Post: 07 May 2005 - 01:31 PM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Vb 6.0 - Auto fill web form

Posted 02 May 2005 - 10:33 PM

Hi all.

Just wondering how i could achieve this, i need to have a form auto filled, then submitted using a visual basic program. This would be done in the background, so i would set the fills for the forms, but does anyone know of a possible of doing this? Thanks in advance!
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Vb 6.0 - Auto fill web form

• g+ + -o drink whiskey.cpp
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Vb 6.0 - Auto fill web form

Posted 03 May 2005 - 06:15 AM

If the form is going to be auto filled, and then auto submitted, might I ask why you would need a form at all? When you say it has to be done via a vb application, does it actually have to be done via the application, or can you just use vb.net on the web page itself. In either case, you would be able to auto fill and submit using the onload method, either page for the web app, or form for an application. anything in the onload method will run as the web page is loaded....so that's where you can populate the data and submit.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 03 May 2005 - 11:50 AM

Amadeus, on May 3 2005, 06:15 AM, said:

If the form is going to be auto filled, and then auto submitted, might I ask why you would need a form at all? When you say it has to be done via a vb application, does it actually have to be done via the application, or can you just use vb.net on the web page itself. In either case, you would be able to auto fill and submit using the onload method, either page for the web app, or form for an application. anything in the onload method will run as the web page is loaded....so that's where you can populate the data and submit.

Well i could od that but the problem is that the user does have input.

Bascially what the form is, is an upload form. And the vb progrma will (What i want it to) is fill in the path to the local file, and click submit (it's a .LUA scripting file on their c drive), andi don't wan thtem to see this page at all, or have to manually do anything, they will simply have to change they're local path if needed (most likely wont have to). So path will be filled from a text box iin teh vb program. Make a bit more sense? Sorry if im being unclear.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 07 May 2005 - 01:31 PM

you could use SendKeys to type in the info for them? very basic though but it would work, not played around much with the internet browser part of vb but i can only imagine it would be possible to put that in with the fixed URL address, or allow them to change it, upto you, but have the browser component hidden so the user cant see it then give them the textboxes etc to fill in the details and pass the info over to the hidden browser component. alternatively add a browser and text field to a new project, set the url to www.google.com and play arround until you get it to work there.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1