Large RTF Display/Printing Issue

Coldfusion 8 Report Builder inserts MS Word shapes Objects

Page 1 of 1

1 Replies - 2324 Views - Last Post: 01 July 2009 - 07:48 AM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Large RTF Display/Printing Issue

Post icon  Posted 26 June 2009 - 12:47 PM

I have a large ColdFusion Report being generated in a RTF format (4.5 MB). Why RTF? I am printing invoices on a high speed IBM dot-matrix printer that uses two ply paper. The last 10 pages of the 161 page report is covered ramdonly with square shaped drawing objects (seen in MS WORD). When the RTF file is opened in MS Word, I can click on the shapes and delete them (OK, not a solution - LOL) and I can see the report's content covered by the shape objects.

When the report is generated as a PDF or Flash paper it works fine. Must be a ColdFusion RTF file size problem. Given the requirements, the report must be generated as a RTF. Has anyone experience this problem? Is there a work around?

I attached the last 10 pages of the RTF file.

Thank you,
Alex

Attached File(s)

• Attached File  020.doc (536.88K)
    Number of downloads: 223

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Large RTF Display/Printing Issue

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

Re: Large RTF Display/Printing Issue

Posted 01 July 2009 - 07:48 AM

View Postgoalexflo, on 26 Jun, 2009 - 11:47 AM, said:

I have a large ColdFusion Report being generated in a RTF format (4.5 MB). Why RTF? I am printing invoices on a high speed IBM dot-matrix printer that uses two ply paper. The last 10 pages of the 161 page report is covered ramdonly with square shaped drawing objects (seen in MS WORD). When the RTF file is opened in MS Word, I can click on the shapes and delete them (OK, not a solution - LOL) and I can see the report's content covered by the shape objects.

When the report is generated as a PDF or Flash paper it works fine. Must be a ColdFusion RTF file size problem. Given the requirements, the report must be generated as a RTF. Has anyone experience this problem? Is there a work around?

I attached the last 10 pages of the RTF file.

Thank you,
Alex

Have you checked to see if Adobe has a hotfix?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1