ColdFusion Queries in Dreamweaver

Page 1 of 1

3 Replies - 2720 Views - Last Post: 06 June 2005 - 10:52 PM Rate Topic: -----

• D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Different kind of query

Posted 05 June 2005 - 11:31 PM

Ok, so I've built a few applications using a simple combination of Dreamweaver, ColdFusion, and either Access or SQL databases. Most of the time I've set up the database, created the connections on the server and set up the application (in DW) to recognize and work with the dB. My queries have always been straight to the dB calling specific fields and values, etc.

Now I'm in a new project where my queries may be calling not the fields, but "Views" that have been created which, to my limited understanding, are queries of queries. Question is: How and Will I be able to set up queries in DW that call "Views" the same way as I've called specific fields?

What would that kind of syntax look like, and is there anything different that I would need to do in DW to establish the connection to the dB?

Thanks in advance for any help! :crazy:

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Different kind of query

• serial frotteur - RUDEST MEMBER ON D.I.C.
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Different kind of query

Posted 06 June 2005 - 12:03 AM

I can check more in depth tomorrow at work but as far as I know when you save a view it is stored and called within a database the same as a table. i.e. to call the view you would use that as your table within your query.

so, your view should be saved within the same datasource your using, then you would cfquery that datasource, but instead of using a table name within your sql syntax you would use the name of your view.

select * from view where....
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Head DIC Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 06 June 2005 - 07:55 AM

100% Correct. You have been paying attention ;)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 06 June 2005 - 10:52 PM

This is excellent. I had more discussion about this with our dB guy today and he was saying pretty much the same thing. I think it's gonna work just fine, it'll just be interesting to see how the bindings become available and if the "connection" between DW and CF works the same....should.

Thanks a ton guys... I can always count on you! :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1