2 Replies - 1109 Views - Last Post: 17 July 2009 - 06:03 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Pull Data from Computer to Web Server

Post icon  Posted 16 July 2009 - 07:50 PM

Hi everyone,

I got a networking application project to work on. And don't know where to start...Really need your help.

First, I am using a normal Web Provider to hosting my website. And I have a computer at home, there will be data in my computer that constantly changing.

Well, when user visit my website, the website will automatically pull the data from my computer and show to user. (it is good if it can refresh itself every 10 sec after)

I don't know what is the best database to store my data in my computer at home.

I also doesn't know how the website pull the data from my database in my computer at home.

Please if anyone got suggestion where I can get more info on this, thanks very much for your time.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Pull Data from Computer to Web Server

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

Re: Pull Data from Computer to Web Server

Posted 16 July 2009 - 09:19 PM

So are you saying you want people to directly connect to your computer that will act as website/server? This is not safe in my opinion unless you have lots of experience. But, I could be reading your request for help wrong.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Pull Data from Computer to Web Server

Posted 17 July 2009 - 06:03 AM

Thanks for your reply,

Actually, I have a web server already from some normal web provider, and that web server will be in the front line for the public, not my computer.

That web server will pull data from my computer when the user request in the website in that web server.

Please help, I just need some advice where I can start and which programming language is recommend?

I was thinking to use the following system...

-Microsoft Windows XP OS
-Microsoft Excel 2007 (For my computer database, web server need to pull that data from excel in my computer)

Thanks again

This post has been edited by foreverof: 17 July 2009 - 06:09 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1