• (2 Pages)
  • +

19 Replies - 4284 Views - Last Post: 27 June 2010 - 07:46 AM

• フカユ
  • member icon

• View blog

GetAFreeLancer.com Any good?

Posted 18 July 2009 - 03:44 PM

Anyone have any experience getting work from getafreelancer.com?

Thanks
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: GetAFreeLancer.com Any good?

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: GetAFreeLancer.com Any good?

Posted 18 July 2009 - 04:04 PM

i tried, i didnt really go on it for long but what i noticed is that all of the easy jobs get taken VERY quickly so the only open jobs are very advanced stuff or impossible things like cracking advanced captchas. The jobs u get are based on your reputation aswell so its kinda hard for a new person to start out :S

btw congrats on 1000 posts almost :P

This post has been edited by firexware: 18 July 2009 - 04:05 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Professor Snuggly Pants
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 18 July 2009 - 04:17 PM

** Moved to Freelancing **
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 19 July 2009 - 08:45 AM

It's kind of like babysitting. You need references to get a job, but you need a job to get references.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• フカユ
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 19 July 2009 - 11:51 AM

Its like babysitting

:blink:
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 20 July 2009 - 11:31 AM

i was freelancer there like year and half back.

basically, if you do everything right, you are guaranteed to get money(e the client cant scam you because of good system)

i was pretty beginner but with month or so i made 200$.. got alot experiences too. althought it is hard to get job from there if you dont have any further "previous jobs" there..

you must start from zero, (do apps for really low price and then raise up, little by little)

(I used PHP/HTML/MYSQL as languages, if you have experiences in more languages then you have better chances.)

If you have skills, id advise to get real job! Since like i said, unless it is a big project(requires alot skills / previous job experiences / some papers even ), it is going to be hard to get job because there are many script kiddies who think they can do shit.. althought they can finish the job, the quality is horrible, quality horrible = client getting the job one with like 10$ or so..
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 18 October 2009 - 02:15 AM

Yes, it is a good site with a solid payment system. There are many projects there but the competition is huge.

If you're in this self-employment lark for the long-term, it's absolutely essential you get your name, profile, and reviews in as many places as possible, so yeh, DO create a profile and try to secure a few jobs.

Think I bidded on around 12 projects before I locked one down. I haven't actually completed a project on there in months and only have 6 to my name. I favored rentacoder as I had a more established profile.

Elance is also good though I only just started working on there.

Unless you're working to survive, I wouldn't listen to anybody who says get a real job! This is a real job! Listen, there will always be sheep and leaders, it's just a matter of who you are inside.

Some people will ALWAYS favor the security of a 'real job' over self-employment because they can't stand risk. In reality, a 'real job' is like a cage with a very firm ceiling. You can only go so far. Self-employment on the other hand has infinite possibilities.

I'm currently in the process of founding a web development company to deal with the sheer demand..I just can't handle all this work on my own anymore. And believe me, there is FAR more money in self-employment than there will ever be in a 'real job' - even the most senior ones ($100,000+ year).

Of course, I'm talking strictly about web development industries above.

Hope that helps.

Sorry, another thing. You will actually earn far more money if you use targeted, paid advertising to secure clients.

Most of my revenue comes from clients I found off-site from any freelancer site. Can't reveal my secrets, but hopefully you get where I'm coming from.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Still the sexiest mofo.
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 29 October 2009 - 09:39 PM

As the post above mentioned, the competion is huge. I used GAF for a long time bidding and such and never won a job. I found GetACoder.com and have used it and my first bid I was awarded the project and have completed two on there. Most of my work comes from word of mouth, but GAC has brought quite a few more clients and the original two buyers I worked with have more work for me.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 05 November 2009 - 12:50 PM

Been there a while now and NO luck. GetaCoder was good though and got alot more responses.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• .. does not guess solutions
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 06 November 2009 - 12:40 PM

Registered a few days ago and got my first job for $350.. Few hours work. Not too bad really.

Mind, I have a portfolio to back me on everything.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 16 November 2009 - 08:24 AM

is it good for people trying to find a freelancer as well?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 21 November 2009 - 11:18 AM

View PostRudiVisser, on 6 Nov, 2009 - 11:40 AM, said:

Registered a few days ago and got my first job for $350.. Few hours work. Not too bad really.

Mind, I have a portfolio to back me on everything.

wow. amazing.

it sounds like a promising place.

This post has been edited by Bonecrusher: 21 November 2009 - 11:19 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 12 April 2010 - 04:21 PM

Hi, this is Nicole from Rent a Coder.

I'd like to point out a few differences between our service and Freelancer (GetAFreelancer) however, since those differences could influence your satisfaction and earnings.

Guarantee of Payment:

Freelancer doesn't allow you to verify your time by punching in and out of a real-time system, and cannot conclusively prove to the buyer that you were working. As a result they do not guarantee payment, and if the buyer does not wish to pay you, you may end up with no money.

Rent a Coder allows you to verify your time spent on a project by punching in and out of a real-time card application which records your desktop and webcam. The end result is indisputable proof that you've worked and deserve payment.

Bid Limit:

Workers on Freelancer cannot place more than 30 bids a month unless they pay a subscription fee (which also reduces their commission fee from 10% to 3%). With limited opportunities, you may not be successful with a service that limits your ability to bid.

Rent a Coder offers free and unlimited bidding without subscription fees or any other types of hidden fees.

Arbitration:

Freelancer limits arbitration to projects with milestone payments of more than $30. And its mandatory pre-arbitration processes allow an abusive buyer to stall the start of arbitration (and prevent you from accessing your money) for weeks.

At Rentacoder, we offer arbitration on all projects free of charge and we test your deliverables to make sure they meet requirements so that you can get paid. We also prevent abusive buyers from stalling the start of arbitration. As a result, 45% of our arbitrations are completed under a day. 75% under a week. We additionally publicize the detailed rules of how our arbitrators make their decisions.

There are other differences as well. I invite everyone to compare the 7 major services through this link to learn even more: http://www.rentacode...ForSellers.aspx

If you have any questions, please let me know. You can also call in to talk to a facilitator 7 days a week, or email us (see http://www.rentacode.../Feedback.asp).

Nicole
www.rentacoder.com
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Professor Snuggly Pants
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 13 April 2010 - 12:15 PM

I can vouch that RentACoder has many moderation techniques in place to protect both the coder & the buyer, & they all end with human intervention. This means no one falls through the cracks.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• member icon

• View blog

Posted 13 April 2010 - 02:47 PM

I'd like to find a freelance site that doesn't have a million bids with:

Hi. Ur projekt intristes me much. Please to PM me and discuss.

GetAFreelancer and RentACoder do nothing to curb the endless project spam posts.

Maybe Nicole will come back and set me straight but quite frankly, I'd enjoy if both those sites fizzled out of existence.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• (2 Pages)
  • +