3 Replies - 3464 Views - Last Post: 01 September 2009 - 07:13 PM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

creating a gui app .exe

Posted 01 September 2009 - 01:57 PM

hi i want to create a simple gui application that is a exe file so that when a user clicks on the .exe application and opens it up in vista or wondows on any computer it opens up. The application is a simple gui with buttons and when a user clicks on a button they will be taken to a web page

what tools will i use to do this is it visual studio or visual c++ or something else
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: creating a gui app .exe

• D.I.C Addict
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: creating a gui app .exe

Posted 01 September 2009 - 02:09 PM

well, you don't need visual anything. You can accomplish what you need with any GUI toolkit. All you need is any C++ Compiler (Like those shipped with MS VC++, Code::Blocks, or DevC++), and the libraries for GUI deving. You can use the native Windows API, or you can choose to go more high-tech and use a cross-platform GUI toolkit like QT or WxWidgets.

If you want to use Code::Blocks with Wx, you can look at gabehabe's tutorials which are great regarding setting up and getting a functioning development environment and a nice sample app:

http://www.dreaminco...wtopic66934.htm
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 01 September 2009 - 05:50 PM

thanks for this i have downloaded eveything but where are the tutorials to create the app
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 01 September 2009 - 07:13 PM

hi done everything you said but after i have selected the wxwidget location and choosen the GNU GCC compiler and i choose the 1st 3 options and create and use a precompiles header (PCH) i get i get this message

A matching Debug configuration cannot be found in wxWidgets directory you specified.
This means that Debug target of your project will not build.

Are you sure you want to contiue settings

Will this be a problem when i want to build and release my app i have followd the above instructions and the batch file etc..
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1