Greetings

Happy to be a new member

Page 1 of 1

3 Replies - 533 Views - Last Post: 16 September 2009 - 10:37 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Greetings

Posted 15 September 2009 - 09:15 AM

I just wanted to take this time to introduce myself. My name is Victor Chuma, I run a home based production studio in Winnipeg, Mb call MI-Media Integration. I found this site on Facebook and I hope that I could use this as a great resource for many of my questions.

I have been coding for a little over a year now. I started as a graphic designer, went to college and earned my diploma in Multimedia Design. I worked in various locations creating ads for my clients. After a little while I didn't find the work to be as stratifying. So, I turned my attention to code. I have always had a great respect towards code and the people that write it. I love working the keyboard and making things work with simple words and symbols. I find it very intellectually stimulating. I decided to up my knowledge and begin to learn how to code websites. I already knew the basics for HTML so I started with CSS, then moved to Javascript followed by PHP, Jquery and now I am starting Perl. I still do design work but I am really enjoying the code side.

My future forecast is to turn my home based business into a full time adventure. Hopefully with this website and all of its members wisdom I will be able to learn more and apply my new knowledge toward my business and make it grow.

This is Victor Chuma happy to be a new member of </Dream.in.Code>

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Greetings

• Google.Sucks.Init(true);
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Greetings

Posted 15 September 2009 - 09:17 AM

Welcome to Dream.In.Code

Thanks for joining Dream.In.Code, hope to see you around the forums someday :)

You have just stepped into the greatest programming community on the Internet, we have experts for just about every mainstream language, and even some languages that aren't so mainstream, so the level of expertise is second to none. All will be more than willing to help, as long as you too are willing to put forth the effort to solve your problem, and to go along the road to becoming a better programmer smile.gif

I would like to ask that when making a programming question that you first place your code inside code tags like this :code: . This makes it much easier to read through large pieces of code, and keeps your post a little more organized.

When posting a programming question first make sure you're in the first forum, then make sure you provide as much information as you can think of that would make it easier for a 2nd pair of eyes to help you debug your issue.

If you happen to get bored (I know, it's real hard to do here) you can check out our Off Topic Caafeine Lounge, the Corner Cubical, dedicated to industry talk, or the Student Campus, dedicated to all things for students.

If you have any questions or concerns please do not hesitate to contact myself or another staff member, and we will be more then happy to answer any questions you might have.

-Richard
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 16 September 2009 - 08:16 AM

Hello Victor,

Welcome to DIC.

I'm impressed, you've achieved alot in one year.

Great to have you on this forum. Hope you do endeavour in your business.

Ron
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• What did you call me?
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 16 September 2009 - 10:37 AM

Wow it almost sounds like your a reporter at the end.

Welcome ti DIC and I'm sure that you can get plenty of help when you need any.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1