Help me with my life!

searching for someone who can be my tutor and get paid some.

Page 1 of 1

13 Replies - 1556 Views - Last Post: 05 October 2009 - 06:40 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Help me with my life!

Post icon  Posted 20 September 2009 - 06:24 PM

hi. everyone im dean..
im currently using a loan from my country to paid my tuition. and now im majoring in computer science. the thing is i dont know that programming could be this hard. im stuck. every 2 weeks i got a new project or java assignment. and i absolutely clueless. the details in the project is to general or unspecific to me. and i try to go to the TA hours or the place where they SHOULD help people to do their project but i will get another question instead of answer when im trying to ask them question. im guessing they are too lazy to help me with my [beep} assignment. they dont even look at my project and look at me as some kind of idiot. well im not an idiot. otherwise i didnt get the loan to study oversea. this programming courses is said to be fast and for person with an experience or little background in programming. well i dont has any experience i just need to take the course becoz i have limited time too graduate and i do need to pass it otherwise i wont be able to graduate in time and if i dont graduate in time my family or the one who responsible which are my brother and sister will pay the full amount of money of the loan which theyll never be able to pay because they just some clerk in small company. So i do need
someone that is kind enough to help me with my projects. maybe i will paid them for 10 dollar per project. depends on the project. but not to much. im not a rich kids. im just someone who need help. im guessing all the genius programmer out there has a big job with big money. so no one will help me with just 10 bucks to give. but at least i try. i know theres a person out there whos willing to do some charity. well at least i have faith. btw if u this is just an introductory class for java but for experience programmer.
i think its not too hard for u guys... ok thats all thank you for reading

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Help me with my life!

• The Algorithmi
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Help me with my life!

Posted 20 September 2009 - 10:43 PM

you can have people helping you with your projects over here for FREE if you post what you need help with in the appropriate forum, just show us that you exerted some effort on trying to solve your problem before asking for help even if your program looks very messy and has a hundred errors, we'll be more than happy to correct them and get the thing to work :)..just make sure that you don't just ask us to give you code and show us your attempt first to get positive feedback :). good luck ;)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• NeoTifa Codebreaker, the Scourge of Devtester
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 21 September 2009 - 10:44 AM

Don't pay people to do your homework for you!!!!!!! D=< How are you ever going to learn?! What will your boss think if he pays you to do something and you turn around and pay someone on the internet to do it for you? He'll fire your ass and hire them!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 22 September 2009 - 07:16 PM

neotifa
yeah i know that. the thing is , sometimes, when i look at my assignment, i dont have any clue how to start and how to do it. thats why i try to go to the TA hours to ask for the project. but they are not giving any help at all.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• NeoTifa Codebreaker, the Scourge of Devtester
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 23 September 2009 - 08:18 AM

Then maybe it isn't for you. If you can't figure out a basic logic outline of what you want a computer to do, then you are probably going into the wrong field...
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 24 September 2009 - 04:53 PM

View Postshahians02, on 22 Sep, 2009 - 06:16 PM, said:

neotifa
yeah i know that. the thing is , sometimes, when i look at my assignment, i dont have any clue how to start and how to do it. thats why i try to go to the TA hours to ask for the project. but they are not giving any help at all.

I know how you feel... I started an into to Java class that was normally 15 weeks into 8 week class and I never had any programming before that...I never worked so hard in my life... If you can find a face to face tutor near you to help to understand the flow of Java, that would be the ideal situation. That did not happen for me until the last week of my class.... I never could have done it without help... and believe me... I exhausted every avenue I could from online tutorials, dummies books and every friend who was a programmer and willing to help by email etc. I was lucky I had a very understanding prof and he let me go at my own pace giving extra time if I needed it.

If you can afford it - "Live Person" can provide you with some who will explain and teach you what you do not understand in your assignments.

All the best!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 25 September 2009 - 08:28 PM

You know, you have a lot of reasons to be motivated to complete this stuff yourself... taking advantage of studying overseas, saving your brother and sister mounds of cash, education in general...

Just get motivated and keep trying to learn the concepts. If it still doesn't click, if you're still not learning anything, I'd have to agree with NeoTifa.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 25 September 2009 - 09:34 PM

if you are around the south. cali area I don't mind giving you a hand..
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 29 September 2009 - 10:47 PM

View PostNeoTifa, on 23 Sep, 2009 - 07:18 AM, said:

Then maybe it isn't for you. If you can't figure out a basic logic outline of what you want a computer to do, then you are probably going into the wrong field...

yeah maybe if i am in the wrong field i still dont have the choice to change my major. i just have to finish these programming classes and graduate. its a contract and i have to finish it. yeah i am always motivated when i think about my brother and sister back home. thats why im trying my best to find alternatives to survive in these classes. i did try liveperson javannab after u suggest it. it did help a little bit. but it is too expensive. i just manage to chat to the expert for a while.

jinnyishere , im from indiana.
btw thanks for the reply.
im glad i can share my problems with u guys. i usually dont talk about this when im on the phone with my family. i just want to make them proud of me

This post has been edited by shahians02: 29 September 2009 - 10:48 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• The Algorithmi
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 30 September 2009 - 12:47 AM

where are you originally from?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 30 September 2009 - 10:43 AM

View Postmostyfriedman, on 29 Sep, 2009 - 11:47 PM, said:

where are you originally from?

im from malaysia :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Addict

• View blog

Posted 30 September 2009 - 12:15 PM

Maybe the TAs are asking you questions in order to help you to answer the questions yourself. There's probably a communication barrier where they don't fully understand you.

Try to not get upset, but answer the questions as best you can that they ask you. Come up with the logic of how you think the program should work (forget about specifics of the language).

Such as you need a program to print out all the even numbers from 1 to 100 and if the number is divisible by 3 you'd multiply the number by 2, if it's divisible by 5 you'd print 0, if it's divisible by both 3 and 5 then you'd print "WooHoo!"

Work through how you'd do the process:

Get a number
If the number is divisible by 3 then 
  if number is divisible by 5 then
	 print "WooHoo!"
  otherwise
	 print number * 2
  end if
otherwise is number divisible by 5 then
   print 0
otherwise
   print number
end if
get next number

Once you have the logic of how the program is suppose to work, the rest isn't difficult and is just a matter of knowing the syntax. If you have problems understanding what is being requested, either talk to the teacher or the TA and then you can work on the logic.

A good portion of programming is all about understanding the logic and flow of the process. If you don't know what is being requested or how to do what is being requested even without using a programming language how can you expect to be successful once you graduate?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 05 October 2009 - 10:32 AM

i might be able to help you since you live near me let me know if you would like my help.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Epic Awesomeness
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 05 October 2009 - 06:40 PM

Dont ever feel pressured to do something you dont feel like is right for you. No matter what..I changed my major two years into my CS degree because I wasn't learning anything from the professors. It was the best decision i ever made in college...i went into MIS and met some of the most influential professors of my life. Everything happens for a reason...maybe you should talk to your advisor, not just about changing your major, but about what you can do to be a better student and get more out of your courses in general
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1