maven webapp start

how do i create a webapp without using a maven archetype?

Page 1 of 1

1 Replies - 1594 Views - Last Post: 26 October 2009 - 10:51 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

maven webapp start

Post icon  Posted 16 October 2009 - 08:05 AM

Hi there, I'm new to webapp creation and want to try making one using eclipse, maven and spring.
The tutorials I find on the net use the maven-archetype-webapp to start their creation, but for some reason that doesn't work on my eclipse... When I fire it up its settings start with a of mix of two other webapp projects that are in my eclipse. These other projects were created by other people.
Is there anywhere a quick tutorial for creating a basic webapp, using maven, that doesnt make use of the maven archetype? Preferably without using any other tools/frameworks like jboss, if that is possible.

Thanks in advance for any tips on this,

Klaas

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: maven webapp start

• Can grep dead trees!
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: maven webapp start

Posted 26 October 2009 - 10:51 AM

To create a webapp in Eclipse start a new project and choose "dynamic Web Project" -- this will create a project for a "war" file (basic container for a web application). Once the project has been created you can then add it to maven.

If you would like to add this to an "ear" file you can do that -- note that in Eclipse an ear ("Enterprise Application") is sort of a meta-project. i.e. you don't normally actually add code directly to the EAR file but instead you add other projects (WAR/JAR/RAR) to it.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1